Live Nashville Walking Tour
OverviewTravel back in time when riverboat gamblers and Indian fighters ruled the day. When honky tonk outlaws and domineering record producers duked it out for control over what would become The Music City. Relive President Andrew Jackson's most famous duel and meet Timothy Demonbreun, the first citizen of Nashville, with his, two wives, three mistresses and, ahem, umpteen kids. Come along as Johnny Cash makes history on the Grand Ole Opry stage...right before he gets kicked off it. If you don't know where to start, start here and get ready to be entertained on this 90-minute romp through Historic Nashville!
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Start at the center of Nashville's entertainment universe, 5th Avenue and Broadway, the heart of Nashville's Entertainment District. See the oldest residence in Nashville, the legendary Ryman Auditorium - original home of the Grand Ole Opry, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge - America's most famous honky tonk. and time-travel to the days before Prohibition with a stop at Nashville's Silver Dollar Saloon (2nd & Broadway), where drink, song, games of chance, and ladies of the night were the rule and never the exception.
Take a walk down Market Street through Butler's Run to Riverfront Park, where the hustle and bustle of Nashville's river trade made it the 2nd largest city west of the Appalachians. Amazing views of The Cumberland River, Titans' Stadium, and an exact replica of Nashville's first settlement Fort Nashborough, where we relive the spot where the Cherokee almost ended Tennessee's capital before it got started, abound. Head to Nashville Public Square and meet Andrew Jackson, Tennessee's most (in)famous president, whose exploits in war were only eclipsed by the infamy of his decisions. Off to Printers Alley (Nashville's historic "Men's Quarter"); here the seedy and oft-fun side of Nashville reveals Skull's Rainbow Room, one of Johnny Cash's favorite haunts, along with the site of The Jolly Roger, where Little Richard and Jimi Hendrix cut their chops before skyrocketing to stardom.
Continue onto Cherry Street (4th Avenue today), whose inotoriety was so great "no modest woman" would dare risk her reputation treading upon it. Through The Arcade we'll make a brief stop at Country Legend Chet Atkins' Statue before a short trek to The Capitol, one of America's most stunning. The Tennessee State Capitol is a treasure trove of history and was instrumental in the Union's defeat of Confederacy. A brief tale of the critical role Nashville played in Women's Suffrage at The Hermitage Hotel and our tour ends with brief stops at Downtown Presbyterian Church, site of the original Maxwell House, and we are then back in honky tonk heaven between Tootsie's and The Ryman, where many a country legend would sneak a drink or five before taking the stage.
Inclusions for Live Nashville Walking Tour
- Most entertaining walking tour in Nashville
- Professional and entertaining guide
- Excellent overview of the city
- Magnificent storytelling
- Unlimited recommendationson where to go, what to do, and how tomake your vacation your mostmemorable
Exclusions for Live Nashville Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please include a CELL PHONE number for text messages regarding changes, including rain, or rescheduling
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.