Ljubljana Castle Entrance Ticket
OverviewLjubljana Castle, a mighty medieval fortress, a symbol of the Slovenian capital Ljubljana is an interesting tourist point with idyllic grounds for long strolls just a glance away from the lively city center.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
The Ljubljana Castle has undergone many changes over the centuries. Nonetheless, it has remained the symbol of the Slovenian capital and will remain so into the future. The role of the Castle has changed over the centuries as well, and today the Castle is an interesting tourist attraction for foreign visitors as well as Slovenians. It is also used as a walking avenue for the locals, which is confirmed by the number of visitors 1.000.000 per year.
The Ljubljana Castle is also a cultural center of Ljubljana, as its facilities are the setting for concerts, exhibitions, stage plays, various social gatherings and protocol receptions. The Watchtower offers a wonderful vista over Ljubljana and its surroundings, and visitors can also see the Virtual Castle, a permanent exhibition entitled Slovenian History,Penitentiary, Museum of Puppetry, Castle Chapel of St George, Pentagonal Tower, the Strelec Restaurant, the Castle Coffee House or the Castle Restaurant and Castle shop Experience 2 go.
When visiting the castle, you can choose to get there quickly and comfortably by funicular. The modern and unobtrusively designed funicular, which complements the traditional cultural identity of the Ljubljana Castle, is popular with both domestic and foreign visitors. It is particularly attractive during fine weather, when it offers spectacular views of the city, and it is indispensable as a fast and comfortable connection with the old town center. In seeking to preserve the natural environment in the wider area of the Castle Hill, the funicular is the right choice, while at the same time being an exciting experience with which to begin your visit to the castle.
Designers Miha Kerin and Majda Kregar of the Ambient design studio were awarded a Gold Medal for the design of the funicular railway in the category of best achievement in industrial design at the 21st Ljubljana Biennial of Industrial Design (BIO 21) in 2008.
Inclusions for Ljubljana Castle Entrance Ticket
- Entrance fee to Ljubljana Castle
- Funicular return journey (if option selected)
Exclusions for Ljubljana Castle Entrance Ticket
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lake Bled and Radovljica Small-Group Tour from Ljubljana
- Postojna Cave and Lake Bled Small-Group Tour from Ljubljana
- Departure Private Transfer Ljubljana to Ljubljana Airport
- Ljubljana Food and Wine Walking Tour
- The Mystery of Postojna Cave and Castle Day Tour from Ljubjana
- Lake Bled and Bled Castle Tour from Ljubljana
- Skocjan Caves and Lipica Stud Farm Day Trip
- Slovenia in One Day: Small-Group Day Trip to Lake Bled, Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle from Ljubljana