Ljubljana Castle: Time Machine Guided Tour
OverviewThe Time Machine will lead visitors on a guided tour through six decisive periods that have marked the history of the Ljubljana Castle and the development of the city. At each of the time stations, visitors will be met by a figure who will present his or her period.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter an introductory welcome from a Roman soldier or a priestess at the place where an observation tower stood during the time of Roman Emona, events shift to in front of the castle entrance. There St George will tell his story, the brave knight who, in the early Middle Ages, defeated the terrifying dragon and saved the citizens of Ljubljana from that dreadful menace. If St George is not home, his role will be taken by Marjetica. Who, in the late Middle Ages, can take the greatest credit for the fact that a powerful fortress grew on the hill above the city? You can learn the answer to this question in the courtyard, where you will meet the emperor himself Frederick III of the Habsburgs or his wife Eleanor Helena of Portugal. The time of the Illyrian Provinces can be best described by the Napoleonic soldier or the nurse-nun whom you will meet in front of the Pentagonal Tower. The 19th century was a dark period for the Ljubljana Castle, as you will discover when you visit the penitentiary, where a member of the Italian Carbonari and an ordinary woman prisoner will, amongst other things, reveal the menu that castle prisoners encountered during their internment. Finally, you will be greeted in the courtyard by the man who can take credit for the fact that the castle is today owned by the city Mayor Ivan Hribar purchased the castle from the state authorities of the time in 1905. If he is too busy, you will be greeted by his daughter Zlatica.
Inclusions for Ljubljana Castle: Time Machine Guided Tour
- Entrance fee
- Local guide
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Ljubljana Castle: Time Machine Guided Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Traditional Slovenian Dinner and Show
- Graz Day Trip from Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Bike Tour
- Bitemojo self-guided tours of Ljubljana: A Tale of the River food Tour
- Bled and Bohinj Lakes, Alpine Fairytale with Triglav NP panoramic drives, Half Day Trip from Ljubljana
- Ljubljana City Tour Including Ljubljana Castle