See LjubljanaâÂÂs highlights on a walking tour with a knowledgeable local guide. Explore Ljubljana Old Town, stroll through several squares, encounter city icons such as Dragon Bridge, and take the funicular up to Ljubljana Castle, where you'll enjoy great views from the outside and take an optional tour inside (additional cost). YouâÂÂll learn interesting facts about SloveniaâÂÂs history, culture and architecture from your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourIn the morning, meet your guide in front of the Baroque-era Town Hall building in central Ljubljana and embark on your walking tour of Slovenia’s capital. Throughout your tour, your guide will provide interesting and informative commentary on the sites you see.
Stroll through a lively fruit, vegetable and flower market and pass the Cathedral of St Nicholas and the Slovenian Tourist Information Centre. Cross Dragon Bridge, an Art Nouveau masterpiece adorned with dragons; your guide will explain why this animal is the symbol of Ljubljana.
Saunter along the Ljubljanica River to the centrally located Prešernov trg Square, where you’ll then cross the Triple Bridge, one of the most recognizable creations by architect Jože Plečnik.
You will also stop at a traditional restaurant and sample Slovenian food.
Continue to Ribji trg Square, where the oldest building in Ljubljana is located. On your way to the center of Ljubljana Old Town, cross Mestni trg, Stari trg and Gornji trg squares, whose buildings boast beautiful Baroque facades. Then, cross the Cobblers' Bridge and arrive in Novi trg Square.
Make your way to Jože Plečnik's Križanke Summer Theatre and the famous Baroque-era Church of the Knights of the Cross. Walk along Vegova ulica Street past a line of houses whose walls incorporate the remains of the original Roman walls -- an interesting sight to see!
Lastly, take the funicular up to Ljubljana Castle, where you have the option to enter and take a self-guided tour of this medieval castle, which overlooks Ljubljana Old Town (admission not included). Your tour ends in Krekov trg Square after your return funicular ride.
Inclusions for Ljubljana Walking Tour With Ljubljana Castle Funicular Ride
- Local guide
- Round-trip funicular train ride
- Tasting of Slovenian cuisine at a local restaurant
Exclusions for Ljubljana Walking Tour With Ljubljana Castle Funicular Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Optional entrance to Ljubljana castle (approx. 6 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Exact order of itinerary may be subject to change
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.