Llanganuco Full Day Tour - HuarazWrite a Review
OverviewLlanganuco Lakes Tour is one of the nicest adventure short visits in the hearth of the Cordillera Blanca. This tour is magnificent for acclimatizing for long treks and climbing or just to combine your visit in Peru.
- Choice of seating available
- Led by a local guide
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourAfter you take your breakfast in your hotel at proper time, the bus, private minivan or mini bus will pick you up at 8am.
We will depart in direction to Llanganuco Lakes which is located between the mountains of Huascaran and Huandoy. Our tour will start in Huaraz 3100masl. Then continue to Carhuaz, we will pass by the corner of Plaza de Armas, Carhuaz is located at 2650masl, continue to Yungay. From here we start to ascend the dusty road up to Llanganuco Lakes, few kilometers before the lakes we will register in the Huascaran National Park check point.
After about one hour to the base of the Mountain Huascaran and Huandoy we will arrive to Upper the lakes called Cebollapampa where can be seen huge snow peak mountains. From here we start hiking in flat area down the shore of the river visiting the two lakes, as part of adventure tours and acclimatizing purpose. After around half hour of hiking as coming back arrive to Llanaganuco Lakes chilly cold, walk around the lake, horseback riding, sailing with small boats, and free activity that will take a place for about 30 minutes, then continue hiking down inside the Polilepys trees as Andean highlands garden. This short trail is called Maria Josefa historical trail that takes around 40 minutes for hiking, for acclimatizing for long treks or climbing, or just enjoy your short adventure in the Cordillera Blanca, and finish in the trail where our mini bus or van is waiting for us and come back the same way.
After about 3km of driving we will intern in a wonderful country side, and full pasture restaurant for lunch (own expense) .
After lunch continue to Yungay by the same route and this time will stop in the ancient buried city of Yungay at 2500masl. This buried city holds such sad history where a 7 degrees earthquake took a place in 31 May 1970 at 3:20pm. Pieces of the Huascaran mountain north peak broke and made a huge avalanche. Mud, ice blocks and in 6 seconds the province of Yungay was destroyed.
Guided visit will take you around 45 minutes, then continue to Caraz Province 2290masl, the last province in the Callejon de Huaylas valley, visit the city, taking some photographs in the Plaza de Armas and drive back to Huaraz with non-stop drive arriving to Huaraz around 7pm.
Inclusions for Llanganuco Full Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Llanganuco Full Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- The listed price does not include a per person departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.