Loch Ness, Glencoe And Loch Laggan Day Trip From Edinburgh Including Lunch
OverviewWilderness, wild game and whisky. It’s a buffet of the best of Scotland, and this is the tour to experience it. This guided day trip leaves Edinburgh and makes stops at Glencoe and Loch Laggan before arriving in the small town of Fort Augustus, nestled on the southern tip of Loch Ness, for a delicious 3-course Scottish lunch at an award-winning restaurant. After, choose to explore Fort Augustus, or travel to the loch itself and look out for the fabled Loch Ness Monster.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and air-conditioned coach in central Edinburgh, and then set off to discover a handful of Scotland's most popular highlights.
Heading north from Edinburgh, we pass the imposing ramparts of Stirling Castle and drive through the Trossachs National Park, Rob Roy country. We cross the wilds of Rannoch Moor before stopping at dramatic Glencoe, the scene of the infamous massacre in 1692. Our journey takes us through Fort William and majestic Ben Nevis, Britains highest peak beforearriving at the banks of Loch Ness.
Upon arrival in Fort Augustus you are seated by the friendly staff at the award-winning restaurant at the Lovat Hotel and treated to a delicious Taste of Scotland lunch, which is the celebration of Scotlands finest produce. You have an opportunity to indulge in the best local specialities like smoked salmon, haggis, wild game and whisky. After lunch you can go Nessie hunting on a short walk to the shoreline or just relax by the Caledonian Canal.
On our journey back we travel east along the banks of shimmering Loch Laggan and witness more stunning Highland scenery. The next step of our journey takes us over the Drumochter Pass through the Cairngorms National Park and on to Perthshire, a land of forests, rivers and mountains. We view the spectacular Forth Bridges before arriving back in Edinburgh ataround 8.00pm
Inclusions for Loch Ness, Glencoe And Loch Laggan Day Trip From Edinburgh Including Lunch
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- 3-course lunch
- Souvenir map
Exclusions for Loch Ness, Glencoe And Loch Laggan Day Trip From Edinburgh Including Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Half-Day Tour in a Mini around the City of Edinburgh
- Shore Excursion: Doune Castle, the Trossachs and Loch Lomond in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh
- Guided Edinburgh Private Walking Tour
- 5-Day Tour from Edinburgh: York, Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Hadrian's Wall
- Loch Ness and the Highlands Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
- Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh