OverviewExplore Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Scottish Highlands on this 12-hour tour from Edinburgh. Depart from Edinburgh by air-conditioned minivan and travel out into the Scottish Highlands to Glencoe with your guide. Stop at Fort Augustus on the banks of Loch Ness at marvel at the spectacular scenery, then continue on to explore the Cairngorms National Park. Admire the majestic mountain of Craig Meagaidh and continue through the Drummochter mountain pass to visit the Victorian town of Pitlochry. Group size limited to 16 to ensure a personalized experience.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
Know More about this tourDepart from central Edinburgh by air-conditioned minivan in the morning and pass Linlithgow Palace the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument en route to the most dramatic of all Highland glens, Glencoe. Hear the truth about the infamous 1692 massacre of Clan MacDonald from your knowledgeable guide, and learn of the areas fascinating history and heritage.
Journey onward through Fort William, site of the military post built during the Jacobite Rebellions in the 18th century, and continue up the Great Glen between Fort William and Inverness. Take the time to capture the stunning Scottish Highlands scenery from the comfort of your coach as you travel.
Stop at Fort Augustus, by the shores of famous Loch Ness, and enjoy breathtaking views out over the loch. Pause for lunch by the waterside at your own expense, or enjoy a 1-hour boat cruise on the loch to appreciate the beautiful views from the water (not included). The boat has a sonar system, so if Nessie is down there you wont miss her! Loch cruises run from Easter to the end of October.
Hop back aboard your minivan and continue on through the village of Spean Bridge to the Cairngorms National Park. Take in views of the spectacular Highlands scenery along the shores of Loch Laggan and marvel at Craig Meagaidh, one of the areas impressive mountains. It is here that TV series Monarch of the Glen was filmed. Continue over the Drummochter Summit where herds of red deer often graze and visit the Victorian town of Pitlochry, the final stop for the day.
At the end of your time in Pitlochry, head back by minivan to Edinburgh where your tour will conclude.
Inclusions for Loch Ness, Glencoe And The Highlands Small-Group Day Trip From Edinburgh
- The chance to see "Nessie", the Loch Ness monster
- Modern Mercedes minivan with air conditioning (maximum 16 people)
Exclusions for Loch Ness, Glencoe And The Highlands Small-Group Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Loch Ness Cruise (approximately £12.50)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 5 years
Not wheelchair accessible
There are opportunities to take short walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
The Scottish Highlands and Islands are Europe's last great wilderness! This personalized tour is as close as you can get to touring in your own car, with the added benefit of gaining intimate knowledge of Scotland. Traveling in a small group means you have more time off the bus to discover the real Scotland.
The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.