OverviewTake a day tour from Paris to visit the three most famous chateaux of the Loire Valley: beautiful Chenonceau Castle, privately owned Chateau de Cheverny and, perhaps most magnificent of them all, the Chateau de Chambord. You'll witness the glamour and grandeur of French royalty and aristocracy, and gain insights into "castle life" in these Renaissance riverside castles.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourThe largest of the Loire castles, the turreted Chambord Castle was built for King Francois 1st as a hunting lodge. The intricate stone "double helix" staircase leading up to the spires and turrets of the rooftop terrace is thought to have been designed by Leonardo da Vinci.
Cheverny Castle is the most beautifully furnished of the Loire Valley castles, with a fine collection of 17th-century furniture. Herge, the Belgian creator of Tintin, based his Marlinspike Hall (Moulinsart) on Cheverny Castle.
Chenonceau Chateau was built over the River Cher in traditional Renaissance style, and is known as the Chateau des Dames (the Ladies' Castle) because of the influence of the famous women who lived there. The chateau was built in 1513 by Catherine Briconnet, embellished by Diance de Poitiers and Catherine de Medicis, and saved from destruction during the Revolution by Madame Dupin.
Guests traveling in Winter (November 1-March 31) also receive a typical lunch and drink. During the summer (April 1 - October 31) lunch is not included but the guide will advise on places to eat.
Please note: On Mondays and Saturdays, the tour will visit Amboise instead of Cheverny.
Inclusions for Loire Valley Castles Day Trip: Chambord, Cheverny And Chenonceau
- Skip the Line entrance to 3 castles
- Return transport from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup if option chosen
Exclusions for Loire Valley Castles Day Trip: Chambord, Cheverny And Chenonceau
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
On Saturdays in summer (April - October), you will visit Amboise instead of Cheverny.
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.