OverviewLondon is known for more than just fish and chips and the iconic Big Ben â itâs also home to famous ghosts that haunt the city streets. Venture through the spooky side of London on this guided nighttime walking tour, and learn the cityâs eerie history as you visit some of its most haunted sites, like the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and St James's Palace. Hear intriguing ghost stories and legends about famous figures like Jack the Ripper, Henry VIII and more. Itâs the perfect night for those who enjoy a good scare!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourTake a journey through the dark side of London on this ghostly nighttime walking tour, and listen as your guide tells you stories of the city’s haunted past of murder, execution and mystery.
After meeting your group, make your way to London’s most haunted park — a forgotten plague pit. Then, move on the St James's Palace where a royal murder took place and murky mystery behind the haunting. Continue on to the most haunted house in London which has spine tingling tales, and the Royal Academy where nuns can be heard screaming and doors slamming!
Scared? Don't worry, your guide will protect you from the spooky ghosts while providing lots of interesting historical insight. Continue to Eaton Place in Belgravia and learn the legend of the Unknown Warrior, an unidentified soldier buried in Westminster Abbey in 1920. When night falls and the church goes quiet, he can still be seen standing beside his grave.
Next, head to the riverfront for a walk along the Thames River where you will hear myths about the Lady in Black (who haunts All Hallows church), the ghosts of Downing Street and, of course, the mysterious Jack the Ripper, one of London’s most legendary murderers.
As you approach the Tower of London with its towering, ominous grey stone walls, learn about the many ghosts of people who were executed and murdered there, including wives of Henry VIII. You may even see Queen Anne Boleyn, the Tower’s most sighted ghost who was beheaded there in 1536 and can still be seen wandering the corridors at night — without a head, of course.
You will use public transportation on this tour, so be prepared with a charged Oyster card or a valid ticket. But don’t worry, you can also purchase one at the start of the tour.
Inclusions for London Ghost Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for London Ghost Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Zone 1 Travelcard/Oyster card
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.