OverviewDelve into Londons past on this 2.5-hour walking tour of the capitals most famous landmarks. With an expert guide, explore the maze-like streets of the Old City of London and see top sights such as Covent Garden, St Pauls Cathedral, London Bridge and the Tower of London. Learn about the citys long and sometimes dark past from your guides insightful commentary, and see a new side to one of the worlds most visited cities.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tour
Make your own way to Covent Garden in central London to meet your guide and begin your walking tour of historical London. Before you set off, discover how the market at Covent Garden dates back to the 17th century, and hear about its past as one of the capital’s most notorious red-light districts.
Continue on to two of London’s most famous streets: the Strand, in the heart of the West End, and Fleet Street, where all of the country’s major newspaper offices were once situated.
Next, pause by St Paul’s Cathedral, arguably London’s most iconic landmark. Discover how the eye-catching cathedral has stood as the highest point of the city for more than 1,000 years, and hear about the important services that have been held inside, including the wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Lady Diana Spencer. Just a short walk from St Paul’s, you’ll also see the Temple of Mithras, built by the Romans nearly 2,000 years ago.
Then, make for the Monument, the tallest freestanding stone column in the world. As you follow your guide through the capital’s history-rich streets, learn about the Great Fire of London and see the site of London’s first coffee house, as well as one of the oldest pubs.
Soak up the riverside sights by London Bridge, and then make your final stop of the tour at the Tower of London. Hear how William the Conqueror built the imposing palace-fortress in 1066, and learn about its long history as a royal palace, prison and execution place, as well as a royal mint and armory.
Your tour then concludes outside the tower, leaving you free to spend the rest of the day as you wish.
Inclusions for London Old City Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for London Old City Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.