Long Tan And Nui Dat Day Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
OverviewAnzac Day Tour in Long Tan would be an unforgettable memory for foreign tourists, especially for those of Australian background. Long Tan Battlefield could be considered as the most famous sites in Vietnam War which took place on August 18th and 19th 1966, in a rubber forest near Long Tan Commune, in the southern Vung Tau. In that battle, a small Australian unit recorded a decisive victory over the big Vietnamese communist forces, but their essential victory at that time witnessed a tragedy lost of 18 soldiers in the age of 18 to 22 years old. This battle also became a symbol of dedication of Australian Army during Vietnam War. Nowadays, Aussie war veterans have visited Cross Campus in Long Tan, Ba Ria Vung Tau for the anniversary.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Depart for Saigon to former Nui Dat Task Force Base through immense paddy field and Bien Hoa industrial area approximately 110 kilometers of the east Ho Chi Minh City. Visit some remains of the Old Battle Field - the columns of the main gate, the former is now a local road, and old heliport is now a great hamlet soccer field- which Aussie veterans had been back and set up their love by building a local school - Nui Dat Kindergarten established in October 2010.
Take a moment to pay respects to all Aussie soldiers who lost their young lives here, visit the Long Tan Cross Memorial where 3-Holy-Cross-Tomb still stands.
After that, head for Long Phuoc Tunnels, a village destroyed for being a Vietcong battlement, stand on a maze of complex tunnels and run nearly 2 miles to Long Tan, linked the village to the forest including meeting area, first air station and fighting pits...
Visit Minh Dam Hill (no longer the Secret Zone) called Long Hai Hill, a Vietcong base area using as a supply and staged site.
The end of the day drives for return to Ho Chi Minh City. End of day.
Inclusions for Long Tan And Nui Dat Day Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
Exclusions for Long Tan And Nui Dat Day Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Historic ANZAC Sites and Vietnam War Military Bases from Ho Chi Minh City
- Small-Group Mekong Delta Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City
- Private Tour: Cu Chi Tunnels, Cao Dai Temple and Wildlife Rescue Station
- Small-Group Cai Be Floating Market Day Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
- Half-Day Good Morning Ho Chi Minh City Tour
- Long Tan and Nui Dat Vietnam and Australian Battlefield Tour from Ho Chi Minh City