Longest Siege Of PensacolaWrite a Review
From USD 19.99
OverviewRediscover colonial Pensacola--the capital of British West Florida and where the longest siege of the American Revolution was fought. This epic story is so real, youâll almost smell the gunpowder.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourOn this afternoon tour, you'll learn about colonial Pensacola and the largest battle ever to be fought in Florida. While the city often celebrates its original Spanish establishment in 1559, it sometimes overlooks the next 250 years of colonial history. You will be able to see where the original 1756 Spanish village began and ended downtown.
You will also see what the British did to transform the community to a town that we could recognize today as well as where they erected four fortifications to guard it from Spanish attack. Learn why Pensacola was so important to the Spanish and how they took the town. Your guide will take you to trace the marches of the Spanish and French forces and to see over a dozen battle sites in what became the longest siege of the American Revolution. You will also tour Ft. George, which in 1781 was the largest British fort. After this tour, you'll definitely understand how and why Pensacola developed the way it did.
Inclusions for Longest Siege Of Pensacola
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Longest Siege Of Pensacola
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adults must have two forms of identification in order to board Naval ship during tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.