OverviewCome and join this interesting tour to discover popular Taiwanese street food at the Huaxi Night Market and explore the culture of Taoism by visiting the famous Longshan Temple, built 278 years ago.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Taoism has been passed down for more than 2,500 years. It is an original religion in China which originated from the nature worship. Then, it turned out to a way to offer sacrifice to our ancestors. There are many gods and goddesses who are in charge of different wishes, such as marriage, babies, and good luck for passing an important test with flying colors. Can you believe that? Your professional guide will tell a lot of stories about Taoism, Longshan Temple, and the meanings for each God or Goddess. You will be explained the ceremonies, including the usage of incense sticks and taboos for temple visiting.
Also, your guide will take you to Taiwan Historic Education Center: the Bopiliao Historical Block.
For quintessentially Taiwanese retro style, the Bopiliao Historical Blockis a must-visit. This tourist attraction combines Qing Dynasty street architecture with a Japanese-era archway, along with structures used in the shooting of the Taiwanese period movie Monga and mural art introduced during the block’s restoration. The combination is one of tradition and innovation.
Then, after this meaningful tour, you may choose to upgrade to the dinner option:
The details of the dinner option are as follows: Your guide will take you to one of the famous night markets in Taipei, Hwaxi Night Market, for dinner. You may choose a 5-course dinner in a stir-fried store where Taiwanese's first choice for friend gathering. Or you may taste the best local dishes which local people highly recommend, including Oyster Omelet and Rice with Stewed Pork. You can also drink Fresh Squeezed Juice made of tropical fruits. Enjoy the real local life in Taiwan! (Guide and fresh squeezed juice only. Foods and alcohol are excluded.)
Inclusions for Longshan Temple And Bopiliao Historical Block
- Professional English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Professional English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Longshan Temple And Bopiliao Historical Block
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 7 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age for drinking is 18 years old.
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
A maximum of 10 people per booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A small amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.