Lord Of Sipán Royal Tombs Museum Tour - Chiclayo
OverviewSee some of the rarest and most fascinating artifacts of Perus ancient Moche civilization at the Royal Tombs Museum. On this tour from Chiclayo with a knowledgeable guide, gain insight into the Moche people, who lived in northern Peru from the 1st to 8th centuries. In 1987, archeologists excavated Moche tombs filled with treasures, as well as mummies like the Lord of Sipn, which now reside at the museum in Lambayeque, just north of Chiclayo. Choose the private tour option for a more personalized experience, if you wish.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in central Chiclayo, head with your guide to the Royal Tombs Museum in the town of Lambayeque, 7 miles (11 km) north of Chiclayo. When you arrive, marvel at the museums unusual exterior a replica of a Moche tomb before heading inside with your guide for your tour.
While you walk around, learn about the museums history and impressive collection of artifacts from your guide. Open since 2002 and dedicated to the excavated tombs of the ancient Moche civilization, the museum is named after the Lord of Sipn, the name given to one of the bejeweled Moche mummies found in northern Peru in 1987.
See gold and silver artifacts, precious stones, jewelry, headdresses and other rare treasures found in the Moche tombs, and learn about the theory archeologists have about how the Moche lived and what position the Lord of Sipn held in the ancient community.
When your tour is over, youll be returned to Chiclayo.
Inclusions for Lord Of Sipán Royal Tombs Museum Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Lord Of Sipán Royal Tombs Museum Tour
- Gratuities (optional
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.