Lower East Side Food And Culture Tour - New York City
OverviewTacos, dumplings, bagels America would be a food wasteland without the dishes brought here by immigrants. Join this 3-hour New york city walking tour to sample the best ethnic foods in the Lower East Side. But this experience includes much more than sampling delicious foods, as youll learn about the history of the dishes, establishments, sites and people along the way from your guide. The group remains small to ensure a quality experience.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourGrab some friends and gear up those taste buds for 3 hours of sampling the best of the Lower East Sides ethnic dishes from a variety of countries and cultures. The epicurean journey starts with a delicious stroopwafel literally a syrup waffle, its two thin waffle wafers with a caramel filling. And its just one of many foods youll taste that came to the US with people immigrating to New York.
Sink your teeth into tasty golden knishes and hear inspiring stories as you visit historic Jewish bakeries. Listen as your guide explains the cultures surrounding the local churches, markets and historic sites as you stroll the streets of Little Italy, where youll taste fresh mozzarella and prosciutto. All of this leads up to the teeming streets of Chinatown, a must-visit for anyone interested in the citys food culture.
The tour concludes in the Lower East Side, so you can continue exploring the area and the city on your own.
Since weather can vary depending on the season, be sure you wear weather-appropriate clothing for being outside for 3 hours, as well as good walking shoes. Its advisable to book your tour at least 48 hours in advance.
Inclusions for Lower East Side Food And Culture Tour
- Food tastings
- Bottle of Water
- Local Professional guide
Exclusions for Lower East Side Food And Culture Tour
- Additional food or drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children aged 5 years and younger are welcome at no charge
Tour runs rain or shine
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
Maximum group size is 12
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Wine and Dine Tour with Shopping from New York City
- Midtown Mix Guided Food Tour - New York Food On Foot Tours
- Go West Guided Food Tour - New York Food On Foot Tours
- Big Bus New York Night Tour
- Private Transfer John F Kennedy Airport JFK to Manhattan in SUV Executive
- Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum Overnight Experience
- Secrets of Central Park Walking Tour
- Athens Next Door Greek Food Tour in Astoria - Queens