Lower Manhattan Tour - Statue Of Liberty Tour, Ellis Island, And SEP 11th Memorial Tour - New York CityWrite a Review
- A comprehensive Lower Manhattan Tour, combining the two top attractions in NYC - The Statue of Liberty and the 9/11 Memorial and Museum - with pre-purchased tickets and priority entrance for a fascinating, stress-free day.
- Visit Liberty Island with special access to the Statue of Liberty pedestal, followed by Ellis Island Immigration Center & Museum. In the afternoon enjoy a guided tour of key 9/11 sites such as St. Paul’s Cathedral, before visiting the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
- Taking one of the first ferries of the day to Liberty Island you’ll beat the crowds, while special pedestal access gets you closer to the statue than general visitors. Later, our pre-reserved 9/11 museum tickets mean you won’t waste time waiting in line, while small groups of 20 throughout keep your tours intimate.
- Statue of Liberty Museum and Pedestal
- Castle Clinton National Monument
- American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial
- New York Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Brookfield Place (formerly known as World Financial Center)
- Winter Garden
- 9/11 Memorial Pools
- Fireman's Memorial
- North Cove Marina
- Ellis Island Museum
- Pier A Harbor House (from exterior)
- The Sphere
- St Paul's Chapel
- American Express Eleven Tears Memorial
- 9/11 Memorial Museum (museum is non-guided)
- Freedom Tower (from exterior)
- Survivor Tree
Know More about this tour
See the top two visitor sites in NYC in one jam-packed day on our fun, hassle-free package tour. We’ve taken care of all the details – from organizing tickets for the ferry to Liberty Island, to special access at the Statue of Liberty and pre-reserved tickets for the 9/11 Museum – so you don’t need to worry about a thing.
Throughout your tours you’ll be accompanied by expert local guides, to tell you the fascinating tales behind these landmarks, filling you in on the stories and details you won’t get from placards or audio guides. And with small groups of 20 people or fewer, you won’t struggle to hear or engage with them. Meanwhile, they have the flexibility to tailor their commentary and pace to suit your group.
This full-day Lower Manhattan Tour is a combination of our Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Tour and our 9/11 Memorial Tour & Ticket Service, at a lower price.
Enjoy Early Bird Special Access Statue of Liberty tour
Our day starts early at Battery Park, where we’ll board one of the first ferries to Liberty Island. A short ferry ride later and the perks of an early start are clear – you’ll find Liberty Island so much quieter and more peaceful than it is the rest of the day. All the better for getting those postcard-perfect photos!
Here your guide will lead you on a tour of the island and of course, of Lady Liberty herself. Our Statue of Liberty tour is made particularly special with a visit to the statue pedestal. After 215 steps you’ll find yourself up close and personal with America’s most famous lady. Hear the incredible story of how she was created, learning what she has in common with Paris’s Eiffel Tower – and how close she was to staying disembodied in storage boxes forever.
Pedestal access gets you closer to the statue than most visitors ever are, but it’s the views back over Manhattan that make this visit so special.
Please be aware that the Statue of Liberty pedestal access requires a 215-step climb, with no elevator access. Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
Learn the fascinating history of Ellis Island
We’re back on the ferry then for the short journey to Ellis Island. Lady Liberty may have welcomed new immigrants to the US but it was the immigration center at Ellis Island where they really got their start. Here you’ll feel the real benefit of your local guide as they lead you through the grueling process, pointing out the Stairs of Separation and explaining why visitors were so tense as they set foot on the island. Not to mention the horrors of the journeys overtaken by so many to get here.
Our Ellis Island tours introduce you to the immigration center and the wonderful museum here, but we’ll leave you with some time afterwards for independent exploration. Head back to Battery Park with your guide, grab some lunch and head over to the meeting point for the second half of your 9/11 tour.
Get personal insight into the events & after-effects of 9/11
Billed to be one of New York’s most-visited sites in 2015, the 9/11 Memorial has become a pilgrimage site of sorts, for Americans and visitors from all over the world. In the face of such tragedy came an equal and opposite response; one of unity, community and bravery, both here and abroad. That’s what we’ll explore on our 9/11 Memorial Tour, which starts in a very special place; St. Paul’s Chapel, where friends and family members gathered to hear news of loved ones and offer support.
We’ll visit the church to explore a more personal side of 9/11, along with the touching American Express Eleven Tears Memorial, the Winter Garden and Brookfield Place – all spaces with their own stories to tell which you may have missed on your own. Never mind, with our expert local guides on hand, you won’t miss a thing.
Of course we’ll visit the 9/11 Memorial too, to see the stunning Reflection Pools, built in the footprints of the towers. We’ll hear stories of heroism and tragedy at the Fireman's Memorial and see the fascinating Survivor Tree, whose rehabilitation and rebirth has become a symbol for the resilience of New Yorkers.
The last stop of your tour is an emotional one, best experienced in peace. We’ve pre-reserved tickets for the (very well-curated) 9/11 Museum where you’ll find incredible artifacts and harrowing personal stories. With a timed entry, you’ll get straight inside, but we’ll let you do this last leg of your journey alone, at a pace that suits you. We recommend you leave at least an hour for your visit.
Ideal for visitors with an interest in not just seeing the most iconic sites of New York but in really getting beneath the skin of the city and its people, our Lower Manhattan tour offers you a perfectly rounded, stress-free day.
Inclusions for Lower Manhattan Tour - Statue Of Liberty Tour, Ellis Island, And SEP 11th Memorial Tour
- Pre-reserved timed-entry 9/11 museum tickets (self-guided)
- Guided Statue of Liberty tour
- Ellis Island tour
- Pedestal Tickets for Statue of Liberty*
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Small groups of 20 people or fewer
- Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
- Tour participants must be able to climb 215 stairs from Statue lobby to the top of the Pedestal.
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned.
- Please refer to the Statue of Libertyâ€™s guidelines on specific prohibited items: http://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/yoursafety.htm
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $2.00 in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers.
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the 9/11 Museum. Certain items are not permitted in the Museum and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to 9/11 Museum's guidelines on specific prohibited items: http://www.911memorial.org/security-screening.
- Museum entry is at 5pm. An average visit takes approximately two hours.
- There will be a break of 2 - 2.5 hours, depending on the season, to enjoy at your leisure in between the Statue and 9/11 tours
- If the tour is cancelled between 0 Hrs to 24 Hrs before the tour starts there will be No Refund.
- If the tour is cancelled more than 24 Hrs prior to tour start 100% refund is provided.