Lower Manhattan Tour: Wall Street And 911 Memorial - New York City
OverviewSee Lower Manhattan including Wall Street and the Financial District for an appreciation and understanding of NYCs financial and political history. Visit the 9/11 Memorial to reflect and learn of the events of that day and its aftermath.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the Financial District to learn about the early history of NYC, the early Dutch settlement and the transformation into todays financial capital. It was like the Wild West, a trading outpost on the outskirts of the law where guns and ammunition were traded in exchange for beaver pelts from the Native Americans.
You will see financial and historical landmarks such as Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange, House of Morgan, the Charging Bull, as well as go inside Federal Hall and Trinity Church.
At the New York Stock Exchange building, you'll learn how a group of 24 traders wanted to formalize their trading and created the Buttonwood Agreement, which gave birth to the stock exchange.
You'll stand at the site of the first terrorist attack on New York City, which remains unsolved to this day. Walk along Wall Street to 40 Wall Street where your guide will share the story of the Skyscraper Race within the concrete jungle, when two buildings simultaneously being constructed to out-do one another in height takes an surprising turn.
Your guide brings you inside Trinity Church, whose graveyard contains the remains of many great Americans: signers of the Declaration of Independence, and founding Father, Alexander Hamilton and inventor Robert Fulton. Hear about the political rivalry between Alexander Hamilton and Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr that came to a bloody end.
Next, you will have the chance to reflect at the 9/11 Memorial. Against the peaceful background sounds of the trickling water coming from Reflecting Absence waterfalls, which are built on the actual footprint of the former World Trade Center buildings, your tour guide will give an overview of the events of that day, as well as more emotional and heroic stories of the people who were involved in the attacks and immediate rescue efforts. You'll also learn about the symbolism and design of the memorial itself as well as the new WTC buildings, such as One World Trade.
For the last stretch of the tour, walk south down Broadway where you'll see the famous Charging Bull statue, Bowling Green Park, and the Canyon of Heroes. Your tour concludes in Battery Park where your guide will give an overview of our country's immigration history as you stare out the harbor towards the Statue of Liberty.
- New York Stock Exchange
- Wall Street
- Federal Hall
- House of Morgan
- Trump Building
- Trinity Church
- National 9/11 Memorial
- Canyon of Heroes/Ticker Tape Parade Route
- Charging Bull
- Alexander Hamilton Custom House
- Battery Park and Castle Clinton
Inclusions for Lower Manhattan Tour: Wall Street And 911 Memorial
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Lower Manhattan Tour: Wall Street And 911 Memorial
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.