Visit a medley of charming Provencal villages on this full-day tour from Aix-en-Provence! Traveling with an expert guide, you’ll discover the most scenic villages of the Luberon region, like Isle-sur-Sorque, Gordes, Bonnieux and Lourmarin. Visit an open-air market, a 12th-century abbey and more on this must-do tour!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the center of Aix-en-Provence and head out by air-conditioned minibus to discover the charming Luberon area. Peppered with tiny cliff-top villages and windswept vineyards, the gorgeous area exemplifies rural France at its finest!
First stop is the picture-perfect village of Isle-sur-Sorque to spend some time at leisure exploring and soaking up its charm. Visit its open-air market and browse its collection of antiques shops that flank its network of canals – known as Venice of Comtat Venaissin.
Continue to the nearby hilltop village of Gordes, and during the lavender blooming months (mid June to mid July) stop for photos at Senanque Abbey – a pretty 12th century abbey surrounded by lavender fields. Enjoy some free time for lunch in the village and then continue to the colorful village of Roussillon – known for its rich ochre pigments that are found in its cay soil. Explore the town at your own pace, and admire its distinctive orange-hued cliffs.
Travel to the neighboring village of Bonnieux, stopping on the way at Pont Julien – a Roman stone arch bridge that was built from limestone rocks from the nearby Luberon mountains. Visit a 12th-century church in Bonnieux, and relax in the shade of its century-old cedar trees. Follow the scenic river valley of Combe of Lourmarin from Bonnieux.
Last stop of the day is in Lourmarin – often considered the quaintest of Luberon’s villages with its narrow streets lined with Mediterranean architecture. Marvel at the Renaissance architecture of the popular Lourmarin Castle on a short photo stop in the pretty village and hear from your guide how it was the first Renaissance castle to be built in Provence.
You tour finishes in the late afternoon back at the start point in Aix-en-Provence.
Inclusions for Luberon Villages Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
Exclusions for Luberon Villages Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.