Lublin And Majdanek 1 Day Tour From Warsaw
OverviewDiscover Lublin, the most important cultural and also the biggest academic center in Eastern Poland. Old buildings and ruins create and atmosphere that is unique to this city. You may also pay your respects to Majdanek Nazi Camp (KL Lublin), a Nazi concentration and extermination camp.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tour
Meet your driver at your Warsaw hotel around 9am, climb aboard your climate-controled vehicle, and meet your small group of no more than eight people. Relax and sit back for the 2.5-hour journey to Lublin.
An ancient cultural center, and the star of Isaac Bashevis Singer's novel The Magician of Lublin, Lublin was a candidate for the title of European Capital of Culture 2016, thanks to its sense of integration, tolerance, and dialogue. Get out and stretch your legs, and enjoy a guided walking tour of the Old Town, one of the best preserved in Poland, with its narrow streets, historic buildings, and medieval gates, as well as theaters, stores, and galleries.
Break for an included lunch at a local restaurant: soup, a main course, and water are included. Should you wish, you can upgrade to a more elaborate meal a special menu in a destination restaurant. Just ask your operator on booking.
Barely2.5 miles (4 kilometers) from the city center lie the remains of Majdanek, the Nazi German concentration and extermination camp where so many of Lublin's Jewish citizens were murdered. Barracks, guard towers, wire fences, and even gas chambers have been preserved for posterity, making an eerie sight amid the city.
Here, your guide will lead you on a circuit through the remains of the concentration camp and impart its tragic history. Prisoners here came from almost 30 countries, and were murdered right until the Red Army entered Lublin and liberated the camp on 23 July 1944. You'll visit the Monument of Struggle and Martyrdom, the Majdanek National Museum, and the mausoleum, which holds ashes from victims of Nazi hatred.
You'll finish at Majdanek around 5pm, and hop back in the vehicle for the drive to Warsaw, returning to your hotel around 8pm.
Inclusions for Lublin And Majdanek 1 Day Tour From Warsaw
- Transportation by car/minibus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided tour of Majdanek
- Guided tour of Lublin
- Simple restaurant lunch
Exclusions for Lublin And Majdanek 1 Day Tour From Warsaw
- Breakfast, dinner
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Warsaw Small Group Walking Tour Including Entrance Fee to Neon Museum and Local Food and Drink Samples
- Limo Party Tour in Warsaw
- Warsaw Airport Private Departure Transfer by Retro Fiat
- Private Krakow and Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Wroclaw
- Warsaw Luxury Transport by Minivan Airport to City Center or City Center to the Airport
- Warsaw Chopin Airport WAW 1-4 PAX One Way Private Transfer