Lucca Aperitivo Tour With Wine Tasting And Food Sampling
OverviewThe flavors, the aromas, the colors, and the smiles are all part of life in Lucca. Learn more about the city as you sip your way through narrow streets and Medieval squares. Artisan beer, local wines, and even a top-secret liqueur will have you thirsty for more of Lucca.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourThis Lucca tour is all about experiencing the city the real way, by becoming a local for a day. Italy is famed for the importance it places on food and drink, so of course you will learn about it and taste as we go. Along the way you will uncover majestic city walls, narrow roads, tall towers, and arts and crafts shops. You will also realize why Lucca is known as the city of 100 churches.
Your Lucca tour will start at the citys train station and from there, walk past the majestic city walls and enjoy a view of Lucca before diving into local life. Head to the city center, where the beautiful Romanesque marble Cathedral stands then head to a favorite local spot: San Michele in Foro Square. This is where locals come to meet up with one another, typically for a friendly chat in a nice coffee bar. Luccas locals love going for an aperitif after work by meeting with friends and spending a few hours indulging in a glass of good wine and some savory snacks.
Because this tour is all about showing you local life, the first stop will be an old vineria (winery), a small wine bar typical of the Tuscan tradition, where you can order a glass of wine with a snack. Then head to Amphitheater Square, the only oval square in Italy that takes the place of the typical Roman amphitheater. Relax with a glass of artisan beer produced in the Garfagnana mountains and, of course, you cant sample beer without a side of cured meats and pecorino cheese.
The tour then heads to a local lounge where we can try fettunta, a toasted bread with extra olive oil, as well as another glass of quality wine. Our last stop will be a small wine bar where we can have our final drink. And if you want to truly go local, then its time to try the typical liqueur of Lucca, Biadina, made from a secret recipe and served with pine nuts.
Inclusions for Lucca Aperitivo Tour With Wine Tasting And Food Sampling
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Food samples - selection of local cured meats and cheese, buffet of local snacks, plus 2 glasses of wine or beer, small glass of local liquor
Exclusions for Lucca Aperitivo Tour With Wine Tasting And Food Sampling
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear casual dress and comfortable shoes for walking
Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Food and Wine in the Tuscan Countryside by Minivan
- Lucca Highlights Private Walking Tour
- Half-Day Chianti Wine Tour in the Tuscan Hills from Lucca
- Florence Uffizi Gallery and Chianti Wine Tasting Small Group Tour by Minivan from Lucca
- Wine and Food Tour in the Lucca Countryside by Minivan
- Walking Tour and Exploration of Lucca