OverviewFor a more action-packed and fun tour, Luccas historic center can be visited by bike. Because its entire historic center and ring of tree-lined Renaissance walls are entirely pedestrian and bike-friendly, Lucca is the only city in Tuscany where guided bike tours are ideal, fascinating, and enjoyable. With one of our local specialized guides, you will rent a bike at one of the rental shops in the historic center and together embark upon discovering our charming town. Through the ancient narrow medieval streets you will reach the various landmarks. You can also visit the interior of the Cathedral, go up the Guinigi Tower, and even sample Tuscan wines and taste traditional local products in a 17th century wine-cellar right in the center of town.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourHop onto your bike, and with one of our local specialized guides, ride up to the top of the Renaissance Walls for a fabulous perspective of the historic center. After just a few moments, you will be able to admire the most exquisite private garden in Lucca, that of Palazzo Pfanner. The leisurely-paced bike ride will continue along the tree-lined boulevard that characterizes the Walls for about 2 kilometers. Then, you will enter the subterranean area of one of the Walls' most imposing bastions. Once out and back into the light of day, the tour will continue with a stop at the the Cathedral of San Martino (Saint Martin), where the people of Lucca have venerated the wooden crucifix called the Volto Santo (Holy Face) for centuries. There are many Italian masterpieces in the interior, such as the sarcophagus of Ilaria del Carretto and Tintoretto’s Last Supper. To visit the interior, there is a 2 euro fee. Naturally your guide will enter with you to explain the various works of art and monuments.
Should you get thirsty or hungry, simply tell your guide. There are a number of places where it is possible to have tastings of delicious local products along with excellent Tuscan wine.
Back onto your bike, you will cycle through the narrow streets toward Piazza San Michele (Saint Michael’s Square) and its splendid church of the same name. Just a short distance away is the house where the most famous celebrity of Lucca, the opera composer, Giacomo Puccini, was born. You will head up onto the Walls once again to complete the circuit and admire the town’s towers especially the strikingly particular Torre Guinigi (Guinigi Tower) with its crown of secular holm oak trees. The last stops will be at the characteristic oval-shaped Piazza Anfiteatro (Amphitheatre Square) and the Church of San Frediano. The tour will end at the bike rental shop where it began.
Inclusions for Lucca By Bike
- Bike tour
- Bike rent for 2 hours
- Private tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Lucca By Bike
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Adult rate applies to travelers 15 years and older
Children ages 0-14 are free with a paid adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.