OverviewDiscover Lucernes top sights and hidden gems with a local guide on an easy 2-hour morning walking tour. Visit the famous Chapel Bridge (KapellbrÃ¼cke), historical Jesuit Church and the impressive Culture and Congress Centre, and wander intimate alleys and town squares while gaining insight into Lucernes history and culture from an expert guide.
- Small-group tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourJoin your guide and group in central Lucerne in the morning and embark on a 2-hour walking tour. You’ll get a comprehensive overview of this intriguing German-speaking city perched on the shores of Lake Lucerne, and enjoy picturesque views around nearly every turn as you visit several top city attractions.
Walk across the Chapel Bridge (Kapellbrücke), a 14th-century wooden bridge spanning the Reuss River. This is the oldest covered wooden bridge in Europe and the oldest surviving truss bridge in the world, and stands proud as a symbol of Lucerne. On one side of the bridge is the Water Tower, which once served as a dungeon.
Visit Jesuit Church to witness the first large Baroque church in Switzerland north of the Alps. Learn about its significance and hear of the disputes between the Jesuits and Protestants that have troubled Switzerland for centuries.
Admire the architecture and design of the Culture and Congress Centre (known simply as the KKL), whose concert hall is known for its pristine acoustics. Catch a glimpse of Lucerne’s crown, the Musegg Wall, the remains of the medieval city ramparts.
Saunter down tucked-away alleys and stroll around public squares teeming with activity, giving you a glimpse into daily local life. All the while, hear stories and facts about the history and culture of Lucerne from your guide.
Your tour ends near the original departure point.
Inclusions for Lucerne City Walking Tour
- Expert guide
Exclusions for Lucerne City Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Tour is limited to 6 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.