Luxor And Surrounding Areas In 6 DaysWrite a Review
Private 6 days tour to the best ancient monuments in and around Luxor. You will make guided visits to Luxor (including Valley of the Kings, Karnak and Luxor Temples), Dendera, Abydos, Edfu and Kom Ombo. You will be guided by a licensed Egyptologist tour guide and transported to all the sites by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Family friendly
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourDay 1:
Arrival day in Luxor. Your friendly driver will pick you up from your Luxor port to take you to your Luxor accommodation.
After breakfast your Egyptologist tour guide and driver will pick you up with a private air-conditioned vehicle to enjoy a guided tour to the West Bank of Luxor. First you visit the Valley of the Kings, where you can admire 3 tombs of different dynasties. Your tour guide will be on hand to recommend for you the best tombs to see. Next, you'll visit the Temple of Ramses III (Medinet Habu), one of the most beautiful temples in the West Bank, built by king Ramses III. Finally, you will be able to admire the Colossi of Memnon, two huge statues of king Amenhotep III. After touring the sites you will be transported back to your accommodation where you can spend the rest of the day at leisure.
After breakfast you enjoy a guided tour to the East Bank of Luxor, where you visit Karnak and Luxor Temples. Karnak is a complex of temples built in different reigns in dedication of the Luxor triad of Amun-Ra, his wife Mut and their son Khonsu. In Luxor Temple you will see the granite statues of Ramses the Great. These ancient temples are a must-see for Luxor travelers. Rest of the day free at leisure.
In the morning you will be picked up by an air-conditioned vehicle for a full guided trip to Abydos, where the ancient Egyptians believed Osiris, the god of the underworld, was to be buried. The paintings of the gods and pharaohs on the walls of the Osiris Temple at Abydos are among the most beautifully preserved in Egypt. Afterwards, you will go to Dendera to visit the Temple of Hathor, goddess of love and joy. Hathor Temple, with its sacred lake and famous astrological roof, is a delicately beautiful structure.
In the morning you will be picked up for a guided trip to Kom Ombo where you will visit the Temple of Kom Ombo, which is dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek. The temple, dating to the Ptolemies, is built on a high dune overlooking the Nile. After this temple you will go to Edfu to visit the Temple of Edfu which is dedicated to Horus, the falcon-headed god. This relatively young pharaonic temple is well-preserved and therefore very impressive. After touring the sites you will be transported back to your accommodation in Luxor.
Today you can spend the day free at leisure in Luxor, or choose any optional tour. Upon request, you can be transported to your Luxor port for departure.
Inclusions for Luxor And Surrounding Areas In 6 Days
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Luxor And Surrounding Areas In 6 Days
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.