Luxor Highlights In Two Days
OverviewPrivate two day tour to see the highlights of the ancient West Bank and East Bank monuments in Luxor. These highlights include Valley of the Kings (Necropolis of Thebes), the Temple of Ramses III (Medinet Habu), the Colossi of Memnon, Karnak and Luxor Temples. You will be guided by a licensed Egyptologist tour guide and transported to all the sites by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Family friendly
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDay 1:
In the morning you will be picked up from Luxor airport or your hotel/port in Luxor for a full guided trip of about 6 hours. First you will be transported to the Necropolis of Thebes, the Valley of the Kings on the West Bank of Luxor. This ancient necropolis consists of tombs embedded in the mountain Thebes. Here you visit 3 tombs of various dynasties. Your Egyptologist tour guide will be on hand to recommend and advise you as to which tombs to visit. After visiting the tombs you will be transported to the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the only woman ever to reign over Egypt as pharaoh. Afterwards, you will be taken to see the Colossi of Memnon, the two largest ancient statues in Egypt.
After touring the sites you will be transferred back to your hotel by an air-conditioned vehicle with the possibility of optional Felucca Cruise on the Nile for 2 hours to see the sunset (additional cost).
After breakfast you will be picked up from your hotel for a full guided trip of about 4 hours to Karnak in the East Bank of Luxor. Karnak is a complex of temples built in different reigns, starting with the Avenue of Sphinxes, the Hypostyle, the Obelisks of Queen Hatshepsut Temple of Amon adorned with lotus and papyrus designs, the Granite Scarbeus of Amenophis III. Karnak beats every other pharaonic monument: it is simply one of the most beautiful ancient monuments in Egypt. After Karnak you will be taken to Luxor Temple, which is dedicated to the Theben Triad of Amun-Ra, Mut and Khonsu. There you will see the granite statues of Ramses the Great. These ancient temples are a must-see for Luxor travelers. At every site you will get information from your Egyptologist tour guide and you will get free time to explore the ancient monuments by yourself.
After touring the sites you will be transferred back to your hotel in Luxor.
Inclusions for Luxor Highlights In Two Days
- Entrance fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Luxor Highlights In Two Days
- Entrance fees to the tomb of Tutankhamun (EGP100.00)
- Any optional tour as indicated in the itinerary
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.