Luxurious 2 Day Shore Excursion Introducing The Best Of The St Petersburg And Russian Culture - Saint Petersburg
OverviewThis 2-day deluxe shore excursion provides a comprehensive introduction into Russian history and culture. The tour covers the best of St. Petersburg's sights and presents its suburbs. This highly personal private tour includes: Hermitage/Winter Palace, Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood, Catherine Palace/Amber Room, Imperial Park, Peterhof Fountain Park, a Metro ride, canal and Neva River cruise, and more. The private guide will introduce you to locals too, so that you can share thoughts and experiences.
- All entrance fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDay 1: St. Petersburg
Meet your guide between 9-10am at the port terminal next to the passport control. The departure time of the tour may be adjusted according to your wishes. Begin with a city overview tour where you will be able to see and take pictures of the most famous and beautiful sights of St. Petersburg center, get acquainted with the history of the city and the Romanov family. Take a 1-hour canal tour along the rivers and canals of the "Venice of the North" (available during the navigation period). Visit Church of Our Savior on the Spilled Blood tour, which startles visitors with its mighty size, multicolored "onion" domes and magnitude of its decor. The interior has the largest surface in the world covered with mosaics created to depict religious subjects.
Continue the tour by taking a stroll along Nevsky Prospect to discover the citizens life. Then take an optional break to enjoy a traditional Russian lunch (at your own expense). Next, take a 2-hour Hermitage guided tour of the former winter royal residence which boasts with its exclusive interiors and outstanding art collection.
At 5 pm choose to return to your ship/ hotel or have an optional evening activities (available for an extra fee):
- a visit to the Faberge Museum
- a pub crawl
- Russian ballet
- a guided walking tour
Day 2: Tsar's Village - St. Petersburg
Meet your guide between 9-10am at the port terminal next to the passport control. Travel to Tzar's Village, one of St. Petersburg's suburbs within an hour drive from the city center. You will visit former Tsar's summer residence - Catherine's Palace including the famous Amber Room - the 8th "wonder" of the World and Catherine's Park with its many beautiful pavilions, sculptures and ponds. Take a Metro tour on the way to explore the deepest metro station of St. Petersburg. Take an optional break for a traditional Russian lunch (at your own expense). Then, drive to Peterhof, another summer residence of Russian emperors. You will see the Upper Garden which resembles Versailles in its planning and, of course, the Lower Park with its incomparable Fountains.
Drive back to St. Petersburg and take a tour of St. Issac's Cathedral. The dome of the cathedral is gilded with 220 lbs (100 kg) of gold. St. Isaac's is ranked as number one in the world for the richness of its interior decoration. Return to your St. Petersburg hotel or cruise ship between 4-5pm, at the conclusion of the tour.
Please note: Venues, tour sequence and timing can be changed, depending on weather, traffic and museum closures. Do not be concerned, you will see all the mentioned attractions. Substitutions may apply and travelers will need a valid Russian visa for their stay in Russia.
Inclusions for Luxurious 2 Day Shore Excursion Introducing The Best Of The St Petersburg And Russian Culture
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional Driver/guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- River cruise
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Luxurious 2 Day Shore Excursion Introducing The Best Of The St Petersburg And Russian Culture
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caretaker
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- St Petersburg 3 Day Visa Free Shore Tour
- St Petersburg 2 Day Tour to Filming Locations for the BBC's Epic War and Peace
- St Petersburg 2-Day Small Group Tour Including the Tracks of Leo Tolstoy's Fictional Character's
- St Petersburg Boat Trip Through Rivers and Canals
- Small-Group 2-Day Visa-Free St Petersburg Highlights Tour
- Shore Excusion: St Petersburg Guided Two Day - Like a Local
- Shore Excursion Two Day Group Tour - All St Petersburg in 20 hours
- Transfer from Pulkovo Airport to a desired destination in Saint-Petersburg