Luxury Small-Group Tour Of Imperial Istanbul Including Lunch
OverviewDiscover Istanbuls Imperial highlights on a full-day, small-group city tour by luxurious Mercedes minivan! Travel in style around central Istanbul while learning about its Imperial days as the city of Constantinople under Roman, Byzantine, Latin and Ottoman rule from an expert guide. Sit down to enjoy a 4-course Turkish meal in the renowned Matbah restaurant, and enjoy in-depth tours of Istanbul Archaeology Museum, Topkapi Palace (and the harem rooms), Chora Church and Hagia Sophia. Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourStart your full-day tour with a pickup from your European-side hotel in Istanbul by luxury Mercedes minivan. Settle back in air-conditioned comfort as your guide talks to you and your small group about Istanbuls Imperial history on the way to your first stop.
Under its historical name of Constantinople, Istanbul served as the capital city during the Roman, Byzantine, Latin and Ottoman empires, and architectural relics from each of the eras can be found around the citys streets today.
Hop out of your minibus at Istanbul Archaeology Museum, and follow your guide inside to see classical artwork, sarcophagi and other intriguing artifacts some of which date as far back as the 4th century. Your group is small, but Istanbuls museums are popular with visitors, so slip on some headphones to make sure none of your guides commentary is missed.
Continue to Topkapi Palace, a former lavish abode of Constantinoples 15th-century sultans and their harems. Browse ornamentation from Ottoman days, and hear stories about the colorful characters that once lived there.
After exploring the palace and its harem rooms, visit the prestigious Matbah restaurant in the area for a traditional 4-course lunch with tea or coffee. See the Itinerary for a sample menu. Then, feeling rejuvenated, continue your tour to Chora Church, a spectacular Byzantine monastery that is a museum in its own right. Admire its stunning mosaics that depict the life of Christ and marvel at the frescoes, painted in intricate detail that was way ahead of its time.
Travel onward to Hagia Sophia, your final stop, and head inside the impressive museum to learn all about its Ottoman- and Byzantine-era artifacts. Browse the interiors architecture and historical exhibits with your guide, and then finish your day with a hotel drop-off on the European side of Istanbul.
Inclusions for Luxury Small-Group Tour Of Imperial Istanbul Including Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 4-course lunch with tea or coffee
- Local guide
- Entrance fees: Topkapi Palace including the harem rooms, Hagia Sophia, Chora Church and Istanbul Archeology Museum
Exclusions for Luxury Small-Group Tour Of Imperial Istanbul Including Lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Medley of seasonal vegetables
- House green salad with fresh herbs
- Kebab-ı makiyan (grilled boneless chicken with fried onions), served alongside seasonal vegetables and green salad, garnished with fresh herbs
- Bademli keskul (rich milk pudding with almonds)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.