Luxury Tour: Diaoyutai State Guesthouse Dining Experience Plus Tian'anmen Square And Forbidden City Visit - Beijing
OverviewThe Diaoyutai State Guesthouse is a historic hotel and guesthouse complex in Beijing. It includes a number of buildings, presidential villa and gardens. The name "Diaoyutai" means "angling platform", and it has hosted over 1,200 foreign heads of states and governments. When Diaoyutai first opened in September 1959, initial guests were all socialist heads of state. Today, you will have this great honor and privilege to enjoy your once in a life time fine dining experience at this stately place just like Mikhail Gorbachev (Former General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union), Richard Nixon (the 37th president of USA), Henry Kissinger (Former National Security Advisor of USA), Margaret Thatcher (Former British Prime Minister), Boris Yeltsin (Former Russian President), Michelle Obama (First Lady) and so many other outstanding state leaders and statesmen in the world. In addition, you will also visit famous attractions Tian'anmen Square and Forbidden City in Beijing.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
This luxury tour is not just for fun, but also for learning about the modern history of China. Due to the security and the significance ofDiaoyutai State Guesthouse, please submit your full name, nationality, and passport number upon booking. Please kindly book this tour at least 5 days advance.
Meet your guide at 8:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. to start the tour from Tiananmen Square. On Oct. 1st, 1949, Chairman Mao stood on the Tiananmen Gate and proclaimed the founding of new China. About 300,000 citizens attended the ceremony, and it has since becomethe symbol of China. Then proceed north to the Forbidden City, which was off-limits to commoners for more than 500 years. Besides some regular sites, you will also visit Antiquarium of the Palace Museum and Imperial Palace Clock and Watch Hall. If you wish to visit certain area of the Forbidden City, your guide will adjust the route to make the most of your time.
Afterward, your guide will take you to the most luxurious restaurant in China, Diaoyutai State Guesthouse, for a unique fine dining experience. Diaoyutai State Guesthouse was named after Emperor Zhangzong of the Jin Dynasty who built a pavilion for fishing. Diaoyu means to go fishing while Tai means a pavilion. Since 1959, it has been the official place to receive over 1,200 state leaders during their visits to China. It's New China leader Chairman Mao and Premier Zhou's favorite place to work and rest. Your guide will tell you more interesting stories when you are there.
The specialties of the meal at Diaoyutai State Guest house are: low fat, low cholesterol, low in calories and high in protein. It's still traditional Chinese food but it's very light and healthy. For your dining here, you will start with some fancy appetizers, and then have 6-courses of fine Chinese cuisine. After your meal, you will be offered tasty desert and fruit. Drinks are available to purchase (only cash accepted).
You will be transferred back to your hotel after your tour is finished.
Inclusions for Luxury Tour: Diaoyutai State Guesthouse Dining Experience Plus Tian'anmen Square And Forbidden City Visit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in a comfort vehicle
- Private guide
- Entrance Fees
- Set menu meal and service charge
- Mineral water
Exclusions for Luxury Tour: Diaoyutai State Guesthouse Dining Experience Plus Tian'anmen Square And Forbidden City Visit
- Drinks and Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 9 people per booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
This special luxury tour requires all travelers to submit full names, passport numbers and nationality for the restaurant reservation application and evaluation of Diaoyutai State Guesthouse. Please kindly book this tour 5 days advance. Any bookings within 5 days is subject to availability.
Passport is needed for the access of the Forbidden City and State Guesthouse
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if Diaoyutai State Guesthouse restaurant is fully booked. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Drinks are on your own cost during the meal, and please bring some Chinese Yuan in Cash as foreign credit cards may not work at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse
Due to the sensitivity of the dining place, please do not walk around without your guide's accompany
Dress code is smart casual. No shorts, please
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Beijing Bus Tour of Summer Palace and Badaling Great Wall
- Private Day Tour: Classic Beijing Attractions Visiting With All Entrance Tickets Inclusive
- Shared Departure Transfer: Hotel to Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
- Private Day Tour: Discover Tianjin By Bullet Train From Beijing
- Private Family Friendly Tour: Beijing Zoo, Olympic Park, and Science and Technology Museum
- Small Group Day Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs