If youve wondered whats unique about the former Portuguese colony of Macau, take a city sightseeing tour with a knowledgeable local guide. Visit historical attractions like A-Ma Temple and the Ruins of St Paulboth UNESCO World Heritage Sitesand see a few modern wonders as well. Travel the Guia Circuit, home to the Macau Grand Prix, and step foot inside the world-famous Macau Casino to experience the premiere card room. Your full-day tour includes lunch as well as round-trip transport from the ferry terminal and selected hotels.
- All entrance fees included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMacau, reunited with China in 1999, was once the oldest European settlement in the Orient. Youll find classic Chinese architecture as well as modern influences as you explore the city on your full-day sightseeing tour. Begin with pickup by your guide (from selected hotels or the Taipa Temporary Ferry Terminal) and drive along the scenic Macau Peninsula, following the route of the Guia Circuitsite of the annual Macau Grand Prix. Experience the thrill of this street circuit, considered to be one of the worlds most challenging due to its elevation gain and tight corners.
Make your first stop at Kun Iam Temple and admire its bronze statue of Kun Iam, Goddess of Mercy. Flanked by eighteen Buddhas, the figure stands 66 feet (20 meters) tall in beautifully embroidered silk. After your guide discusses the statues importance at this templewhere Marco Polo happened to study Buddhism during his travels in the 13th centurycontinue to Macau Tower to enjoy unparalleled views of the city. This iconic tower, the 11th tallest tower in the world, reaches an incredible height of 1,108 feet (338 meters). Entry to the observation deck is optional (own expense).
Next, your guide will take your group to two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: A-Ma Temple and the Ruins of St Paul. Head to Macau's historical center to visit the elegant 15th-century sanctuary built in honor of Matsu, the goddess of seafarers. As you explore the halls of A-Ma, guarded by stone lions, admire its classical Chinese architectural features. Your guide will share folktales about the goddess who blesses and protects fishermen before taking you to a local restaurant.
After a delicious lunch, make your way to the 16th-century Ruins of St Paul. An impressive facade of the historical church is what remains of the original complex, which included St Paul's College and the Cathedral of St Paul. Walk up the 66 steps to see the evocative remnants, whose intricate stone carvings and sculptures were designed by Italians and built by Japanese Christian exiles. Admire the still-remarkable details and then follow your guide on a short walk to the city center, whose pedestrian thoroughfare is another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here, take some time to stroll past quaint shops and local restaurants along the charming cobblestone streets.
Before your comprehensive city tour ends, dont miss a chance to see the world-famous Macau Casino. Make a brief stop and try your hand at the gambling tables of this premiere card room; you can join one of the daily poker tournaments or play blackjack, Spanish 21, mini baccarat and more! Your tour concludes at the Macau Maritime Ferry Terminal, with complimentary drop-off at selected hotels.
Inclusions for Macau City Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Macau City Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Macau Tower observation deck entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for guests staying at hotels other than those listed as eligible
- Surcharge of HKD$60 for bookings during Easter, Christmas holidays and Chinese New Year
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Appropriate dress recommended. Guests wearing short pants will not be admitted into the casino
A surcharge of HKD$60 will apply for bookings during Easter, Christman holidays and Chinese New Year, payable directly to local tour operator
Hotel pickup available for guests of the following hotels:
Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16
Holiday Inn Macau
Guests of other hotels please go to Macau Maritime Ferry Terminal (in front of Macau Government Tourism Office) on/before 10:30am (instead of Taipa Temporary Ferry Terminal).
You might also like
- Macau Tower Admission Ticket
- The House Of Dancing Water Show In Macau
- Coach Day Tour: Macau Sightseeing Including Buffet Lunch
- Macau Excursion With Venetian Resort Visit From Hong Kong Island
- Macau Day Trip From Hong Kong
- Group Day Tour To Macau From Hong Kong With Hotel Pickup In Kowloon Area
- Gondola Ride Ticket At The Venetian Macau
- Macau International Airport Plaza Premium Lounge
- Day Trip To Macau From Hong Kong