OverviewComplete your visit to Hong Kong with a day trip to Macau, once the oldest European settlement in the Orient. Sit back and relax as you sail across the sea from Hong Kong to Macau on a jetfoil or catamaran. Explore Macau's historical sites, such as the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Ruins of St Paul and A-Ma Temple (Macau Barra), and visit modern establishments like the Macau Tower with your expert guide. With lunch and round-trip hotel transport included, this full-day sightseeing tour is not to be missed!
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter your driver picks you up from your hotel, head to the ferry terminal to board a catamaran or jetfoil. Enjoy the 60-minute ride and admire the landscapes of both Hong Kong and Macau.
Upon arrival in Macau, a former Portuguese colony, begin your full-day sightseeing tour with a scenic drive along the Guia Circuit, where the Macau Grand Prix is held annually. Located along the Macau Peninsula, the street circuit is considered one of the world’s most challenging circuits, due to its elevation gain and tight corners.
Stop at Kun Iam Temple – where Marco Polo studied Buddhism – and gaze at the statue of Kum Iam, the Goddess of Mercy. Listen to your guide's informative remarks as you admire the bronze figure, which stands 66 feet (20 meters) high in embroidered silk, flanked by eighteen Buddhas.
Re-board your vehicle and proceed to Macau Tower, the 11th tallest tower in the world. Have your camera at the ready to capture this iconic Macau site, which reaches an astonishing height of 1,108 feet (338 meters)! Entry to the observation deck is optional (own expense).
Your guide will take you to Macau's historical center to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of A-Ma Temple, a graceful sanctuary built in 1488 in honor of Matsu, the goddess of seafarers. As you explore the halls guarded by stone lions, admire classical Chinese architectural features and hear folktales about the goddess who blesses and protects fishermen. Afterward, enjoy an international buffet lunch in a restaurant expertly selected by your guide.
Continue on to another World Heritage Site, the Ruins of St Paul, a 16th-century complex that originally included St Paul's College and the Cathedral of St Paul. Walk up the 66 steps to see the evocative remnants and imposing facade of this historical church, designed by Italians and built by Japanese Christian exiles. Admire the still-remarkable details, including intricate stone carvings and sculptures. Then, follow your guide on a short walk to the city center, designated another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Stroll along charming cobblestone streets, and pass quaint shops and local restaurants, in this pedestrian enclave.
Before leaving Macau, try your luck at the gambling tables of the world-famous Macau Casino. In this premiere card room, you can join one of the daily poker tournaments or play blackjack, Spanish 21, mini baccarat and more! After your comprehensive tour of Macau, return to Hong Kong via the jetfoil or catamaran, followed by drop-off at your Hong Kong hotel.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Inclusions for Macau Day Trip From Hong Kong
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Round-trip ferry
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Macau Day Trip From Hong Kong
- Gratuities (optional)
- Macau Tower observation deck entry fee
- Macau Visa if required
Itinerary:Due to the impact of the two Typhoons on last two weeks, Macau Maritime Ferry Terminal were damaged and therefore special arrangement for the Macau Full Day Tour will be arranged for the month of Sep 2017 :
Pick Up (subject to change) :
• 09:55 am Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16
• 10:00 am Grand Emperor
• 10:10 am Holiday Inn Macau (address : Rua De Pegium, No. 82-86 Macau)
• 10:30 am Macau Taipa Ferry Terminal
• Passenger staying at Taipa area, please go to Macau Taipa Ferry Terminal at 10:30 am to meet our tour guide.
• Please arrive your pick up point 15 minutes prior to the pick up time.
• Tour will start once pick up the main group arrive from Hong Kong.
• Tour guide will reconfirm pick up time with passenger one day before.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
A small amount of walking is involved
Please note that during the Christmas and New Year period there may be delays at immigration and re-routing of traffic around the major tourist areas
Infants below the age of 1 are free of charge
Residents of certain countries are required to obtain a visa prior to entry into Macau
Indian nationals must apply for and successfully complete pre-arrival registration online before they can visit or transit the HKSAR visa-free (if seeking to enter the HKSAR during transit). More detailed explanation, please check with Hong Kong Immigration Department
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.