MacDougal Street New York City Walking TourWrite a Review
A little music, a little history and a lot of fun. This is a fun-filled interactive walking tour of Greenwich Village's Italian neighborhood with an emphasis on MacDougal Street. See St. Anthony's Church, Raffetto's Pasta Store and then stroll Washington Square Park. Stroll past MacDougal Street's Caffee Reggio, Cafe Wha! and former beatnik site, Cafe San Remo. This 2-hour tour is led by a local, licensed NYC tour guide with Italian family roots in the neighborhood. Your guide gives you an insider's perspective into local history with music, serenades and vintage photos. Enjoy tastings from Ben's Pizzeria and Mamoun's Falafel Restaurant. Top off your tour with a tasty meatball sample followed by a delicious tiramisu at a local eatery.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThis walking tour, lasting around two hours, starts at St. Anthony's of Padua Church, the oldest existing Italian parish and the first Italian church in New York City, built in 1886. Saunter by Caffe Reggio, the first espresso coffee house in Greenwich Village founded 1906. Enjoy a Grandmaslice atBen's Pizzeria. See the daily selection of homemade egg, chocolate, basil and lemon pastas at Raffetto's Pasta Shop. Munch ona tasty meatball and Italian pepper biscuits. Top it all off with a yummy cannoli from Rocco's bakeryLearn about local history and lore, with WalkingGreg, your local guide. He'll give you the inside scoop on the history and culture of meatballs in this famous neighborhood.
Inclusions for MacDougal Street New York City Walking Tour
- The bites:
- A savory Raffetto's meatball just like Grandma's
- A steamy Faicco's Sicilian rice ball
- Italian fennel or pepper biscuits
- A cheesy Grandma slice from Ben's Pizza
- Fresh roasted and brewed Porto Rico espresso
- Rocco's decadent fruita-mi-su pastry
Exclusions for MacDougal Street New York City Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic and soft drinks are available to purchase
- Gratuities welcome and appreciated
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, dress appropriately
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Each walk is no more than 1 mile
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- 9/11 Memorial And Ground Zero Walking Tour With Optional 9/11 Museum Upgrade
- World Trade Center Tour With Optional 9/11 Museum Ticket
- 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour From New York By Bus
- Big Apple Helicopter Tour Of New York
- Chinatown Walking And Food Tour
- Hell's Kitchen Walking And Food Tour
- WindowsWear Fashion Window Walking Tour
- Greenwich Village Walking And Food Tour
- Shop And Shuttle Woodbury Commons New York
- New York Craft Cocktail Tour Best.Day.Ever.