OverviewMadain Saleh is a Unesco world heritage site and considered to be one of the worlds most fascinating sites for antiquities. It contains numerous tombs carved into the rock with highly decorative facades. The Nabatean inscriptions are a combination of Assyrian imprints (seen on the balcony carving on the upper parts of the graves), Egyptian embellishments and Greek stylisation on the remaining part of the facade. Most of the graves contain inscriptionsabove their entrances which state the name of the person buried there and the names of the people entitled to be buried there. They also give the date of the carving, the name of the carver and other importantinformation.
Know More about this tourRiyadh Al Ula Trip Fly direct from Riyadh to Al Ula
Thursday13:40pm: Depart from Riyadh 15:25pm: Arrival to Al Ula airport Stop atAl Ula Museum or visit a local balm tree farm, thenhotel check-in and dinner
Friday 8:00am: Breakfast 9:00am: Morning tour stopping atAl Ula Old Town, Musa bin Nusair Fort,Lion tombs4:00 pm: Begin afternoon tour stopping atEkmaa Mountain Lahyan open library.Enjoy the sunset at Elephant rock area (Mammoth Mountain) with traditional Saudi refreshments 8:00pm: Dinner served at the hotel
Saturday8:00am: Breakfast 9:00am: Beginthe morning tour visiting the Al Hajer site(Madain Saleh) and stops at:Railway Station, Visitor Center, Girls Tombs, Al Diwan (Ethleeb mountain), Nabatean Water Reservoir, Nabatean Well and Al Farid Palace1:00 pm: Lunch atthe hotel4:30 pm: Hotel check-out, then stop at Harrat Awared Mountains and the date market7:30 pm: Drive to Al Ula airport
22:15 pm: Depart to Riyadh
Fly from Riyadh airport to Medina airport, then drive with your guideto Al Ula town, then returndirectfrom Al Ula airport to Riyadh.
Friday 05:00am: Departure from Riyadh airport
06:30am: Arrival at Medina airport anddrive to Al Ula (360km) stopping atAl Bent Dam in Khyber (refreshment break on the journey)
11:30pm: Check in at hotel, lunch and rest
3:00pm: VisitAl Ula old town andMusa bin Nusair Fort thenEkmaa Mountain Lahyan open library.Enjoy the sunset at Elephant rock area (Mammoth Mountain) with traditional Saudi refreshments8:00 pm: Dinner served at the hotel
Saturday 9:00am: Beginthe morning tour visiting the Al Hajer site(Madain Saleh) and stops atRailway Station, Visitor Centre, Girls Tombs, Al Diwan (Ethleeb mountain), Nabatean Water Reservoir, Nabatean Well, Al Farid Palace1:00 pm: Lunch atthe hotel4:30 pm: Hotel check-out then stop at theHarrat Awared Mountain ,Al Ula Museum and date market
7:30pm: Drive to Al Ula airport
22:15pm: Depart to Riyadh
Included in the price
- Letters of permission required from the authorities for security
- A local English-speaking tour guide
- Transport to allsitesand to/from the airport
- Accommodation at ARAC-Al-Ula-Resort on a shared room basis andhalf board
Inclusions for Madain Saleh
- Letters of permission required from the authorities for security, A local English-speaking tour guide, Transport to allsitesand to/from the airport, Accommodation at ARAC-Al-Ula-Resort on a shared room basis andhalf board
Exclusions for Madain Saleh
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that there will not be a Tour guide to meet you at airport. However, you will be met at your destination airport by your guide or driver.The price for this tour does not include the airfare. We are happy to arrange this for you or alternatively, you can arrange your own flights ensuring that you arrive in time to begin the tour. Please contact us if you would like fight details and prices.Please note: Ula Museum is sometimes closed at the weekend.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.