OverviewMake the most of your time in Madrid with a 7-hour tour to the best art museums Spain has to offer: Prado Museum, Reina Sofia Museum, and the Thyssen Museum, referred to collectively as the Golden Triangle of Art. With the guidance of an art historian, see from a short distance such masterpieces as the 'Las Meninas,' 'El Jardn de las Delicias,' 'El Guernica,' and 'Les Vessenots.' Tour size is limited to a group of 30 plus your guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by an art historian
Know More about this tourMeet your guide next to the Velazquez Statue outside the Prado Museum for your tour to begin promptly at 9:45am. Enjoy three fabulous museums and learn all the secrets behind their works with the explanation of an art historian guide. Your guide will lead you through all three museums and give narration in both English and Spanish.
At Prado, enjoy two hours to explore one of the world's finest collections of European art, dating from the 12th century to the early 20th century, based on the former Spanish Royal Collection. See the Italian primitives and works from the English, Dutch and German schools. Learn about the museum’s history as you walk through the galleries and admire the artwork.
At Madrid’s Reina Sofía Museum, spend approximately 1.5 hours discovering the work from some of Spain’s finest 20th-century artists, including Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, and Joan Miro. See the works of Impressionists and Expressionists, as well as European and American paintings from the modern period. Today, Reina Sofía Museum holds a large number of works and is one of the world's largest collections of modern and contemporary art. Explore the hallways and galleries with your guide, and learn how and why these talented people created their art.
Take a break of approximately one hour for lunch (own expense) before continuing the tour at the Thyssen Museum.
Meet your tour guide at 3:15pm at the Thyssen Museum. The Thyssen-Bornemisza fills the historical gaps in its counterparts' collections. Where the Prado features the early schools and the Reina Sofia showcases work from the modern period, the Thyssen provides a comprehensive overview of schools from the Renaissance to Pop Art. In contrast, the museum also boasts numerous portraits and landscapes. Tour will end at approximately at 5pm at the Thyssen Museum.
Inclusions for Madrid Golden Triangle Of Art Walking Tour
- Admission tickets
- Professional art historian guide
Exclusions for Madrid Golden Triangle Of Art Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
No food or personal beverages are allowed inside the museums
Photography is not allowed inside the museum
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.