This 3-hour Segway Tour will take you to Madridâs central district, which is the capitalâs historical and cultural hotspot (see two-hour tour). Visit the Paseo de Prado with its world-famous museums and the cityâs vast urban park El Retiro. In addition to learning about the capitalâs major sights, your guide will introduce to you the history and cultural background of all the places you visit, as well as inform you about Madrid in general.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Family friendly
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in Plaza EspaÃ±a, in front of the famous statue dedicated to Cervantes, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the Spanish Golden Age. After an initial training and safety briefing to get to grips with the Segway, glide along Plaza de Oriente to discover the baroque statue of Felipe IV (Philip IV of Spain) whose construction required two geniuses of the era; Diego VelÃ¡zquez and Galileo Galilei, and be surprised about the interesting stories of the statues all over the square.
Nearby, you will be able to admire the facade of the Royal Palace and take photos at the âPlaza de Armasâ facing the Almudena Cathedral, the only Spanish cathedral to have been consecrated by a Pope. Learn about the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages in Plaza Ramales, and glide through the historical neighborhood of Los Austrias to reach the heart of the medieval city - Plaza de la Villa. Narrow streets and alleys lead to the Mercado de San Miguel, one of Madridâs oldest and most beautiful markets, from where you will continue on to the Plaza de Puerta Cerrada to know about many legends and curiosities of the Villa. Stop in Plaza Mayor and enjoy the historical Bakery House building, listening as your guide shares details on itsÂ history and its murals' significance.
Make your way along the Literary Quarter en route to the Paseo del Prado, where you will pass next to the exceptional Atocha station to see the statue of Claudio Moyano and PÃo Baroja in the way of the Retiro Park. Cruise on to the pathways to see the 'Fallen Angel' statue and pass next to the french-inspired garden of La Rosaleda, to take a little break next to the Crystal Palace. Admire your lovely natural surroundings and pause to take photos by the imposing monument to Alfonso XII, before visiting one of the most representatives places in Madrid, Puerta de AlcalÃ¡.
Follow your guide down AlcalÃ¡ street and see several historical sites like the popular Cibeles fountain or the Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando.
The tourâs final part leads you to the Puerta del Sol and San Gines - one of Madrid's oldest churches - and the Royal Theatre, before ending at Plaza de EspaÃ±a.
Inclusions for Madrid Segway City Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Use of helmet
Exclusions for Madrid Segway City Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 10 years
If you are pregnant, participation is not recommended
If you had surgery recently, participation is not recommended
You should have the ability to step on and off the Segway without assistance (similar to climbing and descending stairs)
Recommended weight approximately 45 to 120 kg (99 to 264 pounds)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.