Madrid Tapas And Wine-Tasting Tour
OverviewIn this all included tapas tour, discover Madrid’s vibrant tapas scene alongside a knowledgeable guide during a 3-hour evening tapas tour of the city. Stroll around the ambient streets of Madrid in the evening and visit at least four of its most popular eateries; sample up to 10 tantalizing tapas dishes while learning about the city’s rich culinary heritage. Sip refined wines and pleasure your palate on this excellent epicurean experience. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Santa Ana Square, and set off on a tapas crawl of the city, exploring the best bars that only locals really know of. As you stroll, your guide will chat to you about Madrid, the local cuisine and, of course, the tapas bars that no great evening in Madrid should be without!
Like all Spanish cities, Madrid has its own regional cuisine with an emphasis on use of local ingredients. Perhaps more so than others, Madrid has been influenced by its immigrant population, whove brought in flavors and ideas as cosmopolitan as the city itself.
Visit up to four bars on your tour of the town, enjoying wine tastings in each. Sample beautiful Spanish wines made from well-known grapes like tempranillo, malvar, garnacha, and parellada, and enjoy a complimentary tapa (tapas dish) to complement the wine's flavors. Beer and soft drinks (one per bar) are also included should you prefer this to wine! While the dishes vary on each occasion, you can be sure its a taste bud tingling treat! Examples of dishes include eggplant with honey, cod brandade, Spanish omelet, Iberian ham and chickpea stew. See the example itinerary for details on the different bars you may visit.
Your tapas tour finishes in a centrally located bar so that youre well-placed to continue your night out independently.
Inclusions for Madrid Tapas And Wine-Tasting Tour
- Local guide
- Wine tasting and tapas in each bar
- Beer, water or soft drinks
Exclusions for Madrid Tapas And Wine-Tasting Tour
- Cocktails or spirits
- Gratuities (optional)
Head inside an atmospheric Castilian sherry bar, and learn all about fortified wines, from crisp and dry finos to old olorosos. Admire the chalk boards scrawled with daily tapas specials and soak up the atmosphere inside this delightfully old-fashioned bar.
Visit a wine bar that doubles up as a store – tucked away behind liquor bottles! If you like what you eat or drink here, then purchase it from the shop to take home.
A warm and bustling tavern welcomes you with their open kitchen were you can see how the dishes are prepared
Round off your evening in style at a dark and bohemian Madrid tavern, which is still in business after 100 years, you will enjoying a full-bodied glass of wine.
Please note that the above itinerary is an example only and may be subject to change.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operated by a bilingual guide in English and Spanish
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 7-Day Small Group Guided Tour: Granada, Cordoba, Seville and Toledo from Madrid
- Small-Group Pedraza and Segovia Tour from Madrid
- Private Tour El Escorial and The Valley of the Fallen from Madrid
- Prado Museum and Royal Palace of Madrid Tour with Skip the Line Entrance
- Madrid Highlights: Guided Segway Sightseeing Tour
- Toledo Guided Half Day Tour from Madrid