Imagine taking a crash course on the history of Madrid, the Spanish capital and one of Europes most vibrant cities. The professor is really fun and interesting. And just for good measure, your classroom is the actual place, not a staid room with a chalkboard. That sums up this amazing 3-hour guided walking tour through the center of the city, filled with intriguing tales of history, an insiders view that is hard to gain unless youre a resident or a historian, or a resident historian.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourWhen we travel, one souvenir we like to bring back with us is a better knowledge of the places we visit. This 3-hour walking tour of Madrid provides that knowledge and more. Meet your guide, a scholar on citys history, architecture and culture, in Isabel II Square, a landmark that is representative of the kind of urban changes brought in by the 19th-century monarchy.
Walk through the medieval core of the city, which has remained remarkably unchanged since the period when the Habsburgs occupied the Spanish throne (15061700). The first stop in this area is the Puerta del Sol, the epicenter of Spains highway network and the site of the popular uprising against the French in 1808.
Visit the Plaza Mayor, a, intimate square surrounded by ornate buildings that almost feels like an enlarged courtyard. Today the plaza is lined with quaint restaurants and bars.
The tour wraps up afterward, leaving you free to explore the center of Madrid.
Inclusions for Madrid Through The Centuries Walking Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Madrid Through The Centuries Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.