Mae Sai And Mae Salong Day Trip From Chiang Rai
OverviewDrive to Doi Mae Salong mountain to visit Akha, Yao and Lisu Hilltribe Villages. We have lunch at a local restaurant and then visit the 'Fish cave' and Mae Sai, the northern-most point of Thailand on the Thai-Burmese border. On the way back we visit a Jade cutting factory and local market before returning to your hotel.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Get inside tips from a local
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Chiang Rai is not only the gateway to the Golden Triangle: the northernmost province of Thailand boast some of the countrys most scenic landscapes, gently-rolling mountain ranges, where numerous ethnic minorities still live in peace and harmony. Founded in 1262 by King Mengrai of the expansive former Lanna Kingdom, the region demands to be further explored beyond the point where three nations convene at the Mekong River banks. The multicultural aspects of the province with its hill tribe settlements form the foundation for a full day tour meeting these local, yet hospitable residents inside their town borders along and on top of Doi Mae Salong. It is Mae Sai where we end this great day out, with its official border crossing into Myanmar and Thailands northernmost point before making way back to Chiang Rai.
Guests will have enough time to enjoy their breakfast at their Chiang Rai hotel before meeting your guide for the day. Together with a separate driver, we will leave approximately at around 08:30 hrs from Chiang Rai and into the Doi Mae Salong area, home to the various hill tribes still calling this part of northern Thailand their home. It may sound that Doi Mae Salong is only a mountain region in the Chiang Rai province, but in fact it is a complete town with temples and churches, schools, factories and shops. The local eateries on Mae Salong are famous for the tasty Yunnan cuisine, prepared from farm fresh vegetables and livestock raised there. Besides seeing all this passing by, your guide will bring you to one of the larger Akha, Yao and Lisu Hilltribe villages, explaining the differences in culture, origin and traditions. It is here where we too will enjoy a local lunch, freshly prepared at one of the leading restaurants in the area.
After lunch, we continue further northwards. Just before we reach Mae Sai, we stop at the Tham Pla, better known as the Fish Cave. Situated in the small town of Pong Ngam, an abundance of monkeys (Makaken) roam the region right here, hence this area is also often referred to as the Fish and Monkey Cave. An excellent stop to take a break after lunch presents itself here, where guests are offered the opportunity to feed the fish and enjoy this scenic spot before entering Mae Sai. The town is also the official border crossing with Thakhilek in Myanmar and the daily stream of Burmese trading their goods in Thailand is a sight to behold. The thriving market is a paradise for gem collectors, and wandering up and down the main street gives you an insight into the large variety available for sales, originating from Myanmar. In all corners along Mae Sais market, you will find various end products, cut, polished and ready to be sold to those interested in its value, shape and beauty.It is time to head back to Chiang Rai after being close to 8 hours on the road, exploring the Chiang Rai region all the way to the northern-most point. Wed expect to be back at your hotel at around 16:30 hrs.
Inclusions for Mae Sai And Mae Salong Day Trip From Chiang Rai
- A full day private tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by private vehicle with professional driver.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
Exclusions for Mae Sai And Mae Salong Day Trip From Chiang Rai
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Minimum age is 2 years
This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
Transfers are only operated within the downtown Chiang Rai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Fang, Thaton, Chiang Saen, Chiang Khong, Mae Sai, any surrounding mountain resort outside the Chiang Rai city borders and Chiang Rai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
During this full day tour, due to time constraints, it is not possible to include a trip into Thakhilek, Myanmar.
We recommend wearing light, comfortable cotton clothing and comfortable shoes.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- One-Way Private Departure Transfer from Chiang Rai Hotel to Chiang Mai Airport
- Chiang Rai Temples Galleries Art by Car Including Soothing Massage and Lunch
- Private Tour: A Glimpse of Myanmar and the Golden Triangle Trip from Chiang Rai
- Private Arrival Transfer: Chiang Rai International Airport to Hotel
- Private hiking 3 hours at Non-tourist area Largest cave and Orchid farm
- Chiang Rai Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- Half-Day Temples and City Tour of Chiang Rai