Magical Dartmoor: One Day Luxury Private Guided Tour From DevonWrite a Review
From USD 378.12
OverviewEnjoy the wild beauty of Dartmoor with its lofty granite tors, infamous prison, Dartmoor ponies, Bronze age history, folklore and inspiration for the classic tale ‘The Hound of the Baskervilles.’ Visit a working Dartmoor farm to experience first hand what it is like to be a farmer in this inhospitable area. You'll also have the opportunity to sample a delicious Devon cream tea.
- Hotel pickup included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourThis is a private tour for up to 6 people. The itinerary can be adapted to suit the preferences of the tour party. You will be collected from your hotel or accommodation for the trip to Dartmoor in a luxury Land Rover Discovery. The tour is suitable for all, but an ability to walk a few hundred meters from the car will enhance your experience.
The itinerary is flexible depending upon your preferences, but your driver guide will explain the fascinating history of the moor, and you'll visit one of the famous granite tours, where you can climb up to see fantastic views of the surrounding area. The choice of tor will depend on the guests wishes and abilities, so can range from a stiff climb, to a single step up just a few meters from the car for those who are unable to scale the hills.
You will go to Princetown, location of the infamous Dartmoor prison, and visit the Prison museum (admission included) to hear stories of escapes attempts and dastardly deeds, followed by a lunch stop at a cafe or country pub, depending on your preference (meals not included in the price).
You will then visit other areas of Dartmoor including Postbridge, Widdecombe in the Moor (made famous in the song 'Uncle Tom Cobley' before you visit a working farm to see what its like to be a modern day farmer on Dartmoor (activity on the farm depends on the season and the current tasks being undertaken on the day), before having the chance to sample a delicious Devon cream tea for extra cost. It will then be time to take you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Magical Dartmoor: One Day Luxury Private Guided Tour From Devon
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Magical Dartmoor: One Day Luxury Private Guided Tour From Devon
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 7 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.