Montserrat mountain is a place of wonder. You are just about an hour from Barcelona, and yet, you’re so far away! For those who want to get the meaning, history and nature of the place, you will want to stay some extra time. And I’m not talking about a long day together with the crowds. I mean that you should get there in the evening and spend the night Montserrat’s nice and friendly hotel.This is a magical experience, especially for those who like to set their own pace, not feel rushed and have the time to discover everything that Montserrat has to offer.You will join Montserrat tour in the afternoon. It will give some orientation and an insight of all that you can do in Montserrat. During the free time, the guide will accompany you for the check in of the hotel, give you all the information and how to meet the guide and tour on the following day.You are then free to follow your own will. It will be around 6 pm and you will see that it is less hectic than when you arrived. This is when you want to travel back to the medieval times and feel the spirituality of Montserrat. You can walk to the monastery, where there is still a community of 70 monks that live there. Get close to the Black Madonna with no queues. And the absolute best experience of all: listen to the children’s choir, the Escolania, in the evening. The audience is small and quiet, so the children’s angelical voices will reach to you clearly.You will stay at a nice friendly hotel in Montserrat, where you will have dinner and breakfast included. The next day, Montserrat won’t be a stranger anymore, and you can plan your day.You will get to see the audiovisual and the museum, which has some archaeological treasures from ancient Egypt and a beautiful art collection with paintings by Greco, Picasso and Dalí. You can go to the stalls for some locally produced food like honey, jam and cheese. You will have a taste of mató (fresh cheese) in one of the restaurants.And the best of the day: you will take the funicular to Sant Joan. From there the whole landscape is at your feet – you see the monastery below and that the mountain is much larger than you had imagined – it’s a great spot for hiking and climbing. To return to the monastery you can either take the funicular or a walk along the beautiful path of Sant Joan (mr Joan) that will take you about 2 hours.At the end of the day, around 5 pm, you will join the afternoon Montserrat, for a safe and comfortable return to Barcelona.
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Days
Departure Details :
The tour will start from plaça Catalunya, in front of Deutsche Bank and Hotel Olivia Plaza. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time. Look for the orange umbrellas!
OverviewMontserrat Mountain is a place of wonder. The most peaceful moment is in the evening, when there are no crowds and the Escolania Children’s Choir is just magical. The next day you can see the sunrise, and can be the first to take the funicular for some incredible views. You can do some hiking or a more cultural visit with the museum and a taste of local food.
Vespers – Salve Regina and Motet by the Escolania boy’s Choir, except Fridays, by the monks
Take in the historical and cultural meaning of Montserrat and its Monastery with the visit to the museum and audiovisual
Sant Joan Funicular – so you can admire the views and walk down
Know More about this tour
Transport and orientation tour, hotel in half board, entrance to the Museum and audiovisual, taste of Mató fresh cheese and Sant Joan Funicular.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guitarra y Flamenco
- 2 hour Sailing Cruise Barcelona
- 2 hour Private Sunset Sailing Cruise
- Heli-Skiing in Andorra
- Barcelona Markets Tour with a Chef and Food Tasting - Premium Small Group
- Paella Cooking workshop with a Chef & Lunch, Wines & Friends - Small Group
- Gaud - The Park Gell Tour
- Jewish Quarter of Barcelona: one of the most important Jewish Communities of the Medieval Europe