Mahébourg And La Vallée De Ferney Tour With Lunch - Port Louis
OverviewDiscover historic Mahbourg and the exotic La Valle de Ferney nature reserve on this 8-hour tour. As you travel by air-conditioned coach, explore Mahbourg and see its Old Naval Museum and traditional market. Visit the Rault Biscuit Factory to see how its cassava cookies are made, and then continue to La Valle de Ferney. After an outdoor lunch, see the native giant tortoises and trek through the rainforests look for rare flora and species such as the Mauritian kestrel. Numbers are limited to 15 for a more personalized experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBegin your small-group tour with a pickup from your hotel in the north, east, west or south of Mauritius and travel by air-conditioned coach to Mahbourg, on the southeast coast.
When you arrive, admire Mahbourgs colorful buildings and listen to the background on its history. Hear how the town was founded in the early 1800s and named after the French governor Mah de Labourdonnais.
Your first stop is the Old Naval Museum, set in a beautiful colonial mansion. Head inside to see the displays on the 1810 sea battle between the French and English, and peer at the displayed bones of the dodo, the islands famously extinct bird, as well as other exhibits.
Continue to Rault Biscuit Factory to discover how the islands beloved cookies are made from cassava using a 19th-century recipe. After your tour, sample some of the cookies with a refreshing cup of tea.
Walk across Cavendish Bridge and pass through Mahbourgs bustling outdoor market. View the food, spice and trinkets stalls and perhaps shop for souvenirs in the shape of handicrafts and other wares.
Continue to La Valle de Ferney, a nature reserve set up to preserve Mauritius native rain forests. See the visitor center and enjoy a classic Mauritian lunch at an outdoor restaurant before your 1.5-hour trek.
With a reserve guide, see Ferneys giant tortoises as you follow a trail deep into the forest. Stop to learn about the flora and fauna, and watch for species such as the endangered Mauritian kestrel, one of the worlds rarest birds, and the elusive flying fox.
After your trek, grab the opportunity to plant a native tree in support of the reserve and then end your experience with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Mahébourg And La Vallée De Ferney Tour With Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Cookie samples
Exclusions for Mahébourg And La Vallée De Ferney Tour With Lunch
- Drinks at lunch (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Departure Transfer: Mauritius Hotels or Villas to Mauritius Airport
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Mauritius Airport to Mauritius Hotels and Villas
- Southern Mauritius Day Trip: Nature Reserve, Saint Aubin Sugar Estate with Rum Tastings, and Lunch
- MAURITIUS - 06 NIGHTS - LAGUNA HOTEL AND SPA
- MAURITIUS - 06 NIGHTS - TARISA BEACH RESORT AND SPA
- 7-Day Mauritius Highlights Experience
- Private Craft Tour: Tea Factory - Rhumerie - Diamond Museum - Ship Model Factory