Mai Chau Valley Day Tour From Hanoi
OverviewLocated 135 km southwest of Hanoi in the Northern of Hoa Binh province, Mai Chau has a population of about 47,500 inhabitants that belong to different ethnic minority groups such as the White Thai, H'mong, Zao, Muong, Tay, Hoa and Viet. The Mai Chau hill tribes are warm and welcoming, and famous for their handicrafts - in particular for their skills in embroidering clothes. It is famous for lush green valleys, stilt houses surrounding inhabited mainly by the White Thai ethnic group and Sunday market bringing a lot of people into town where traditional Thai dishes are made and revel in traditional dances.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet up with your tour guide and vehicle in Hanoi, and depart for the Mai Chau valley, about three hours away. Enjoy views of the mountainous landscape, and stop for photo ops along the way.
On arrival in Mai Chau, visit the Lac village of White Thai hill tribe, where you can see their stilt houses built with large palm-leaf roofs, polished bamboo-slat floors, a center kitchen, and patterned windows. Lunch is served at a local house with traditional dishes featuring flavors of the mountains, such as ruou can (wine drunk out of a jar through pipes), nep (sticky rice), ginger, and com lam (bamboo-tube rice).
In the afternoon, visit Pomcoong village, and see what daily life is like for this hill tribe. Enjoy a performance of their traditional dance, a gong festival, a local home, or other activities. Your tour ends with the drive back to Hanoi.
Inclusions for Mai Chau Valley Day Tour From Hanoi
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Mai Chau Valley Day Tour From Hanoi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All sales related to this product are final and non-refundable. In case you wish to cancel the reservation you will be charged 100% cancellation fees.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Night Sapa Easy Trek and Homestay with Round Trip Transfer from Hanoi
- 2-Day Halong Bay Cruise on the Viola cruise from Hanoi
- 3-Day Halong Bay Cruise on the Viola from Hanoi
- Hanoi Night Market and Street Food Tour
- Hanoi Private Departure Transfer: City Center Hotel to Airport
- Overnight Halong Bay Cruise on the Lavender Cruise