OverviewDiscover some of Malaga’s off-the-beaten-path attractions on this fun 4-hour bike tour. Following a professional guide, roam the city’s lesser-known districts on two wheels to see it from a whole new perspective. Explore the up-and-coming SoHo district with its giant murals and street art, and cruise the Huelin beachfront whose factory chimneys symbolize Malaga’s industrial past. Then, explore the marshes, lagoons and shores of the peaceful Guadalhorce River Estuary nature reserve, watching for flamingos and other birds. Numbers are limited to 15 people for more personalized attention from your guide.
- All necessary equipment included
- Led by a local guide
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Malaga at your chosen departure time. Then, after a short safety briefing, hop on your provided bicycle, put on your provided helmet, and set off on your 4-hour tour of the city’s off-the-beaten-path gems. Along the way, stop now and then to snap photos, learn about what you see, and refuel with bottled water and snacks.
Follow your guide through the elegant streets and look around the trendy SoHo district. This once rundown area is rediscovering its mojo, and is quickly shaping up as Malaga’s arty hotspot.
Hear how the area is a magnet for well-known artists and performers, and cycle by some of its eye-opening street art, including gigantic building murals of chameleons, animals and comic book characters. Swing by the CAC Contemporary Art Centre, housed in an old market building, and then pedal past the working port area and once-industrialized beachfront at Huelin.
See the brick chimneys between the palm trees as your guide explains how they symbolize Malaga’s industrial past, and as you pedal on, hear entertaining tales about the city’s residents — known as Malagueños — and their huge appetite for life.
Continue to one of Malaga’s hidden delights, the Guadalhorce River Estuary Natural Area. Set on an island between two tributaries, this tranquil nature reserve is known for its marshlands and rich birdlife.
Breathe in the sea air as you explore the gravel trails cycling reedbeds and flowers, and visit Malaga’s only wild beach. Look for flamingos and stop at the lagoons to watch for other birds such as herons and cormorants.
After exploring this peaceful oasis, cycle back to the start point where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Malaga Off-the-Beaten-Path Bike Tour
- Bike tour guide
- Use of bicycle and cycle helmet
- Safety briefing
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Malaga Off-the-Beaten-Path Bike Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Tour is of medium difficulty and includes some off-road trails
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.