From USD 69.71
OverviewSee Malaga and Mijas on this private half day shore excursion. Soak on the main landmarks of the Moorish side of the coastal city like the Gibralfaro castle and the Alcazaba, a Moorish fortress ranked the best preserved of its genre in Spain. After seeing Malaga best highlights, go up the hills and explore Mijas, a stunning white washed village home of many painters and artists. A licensed guide and a luxury vehicle will be at your entire disposal for 5 hours.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All entrance fees included
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tourThis half day shore excursion starts directly from the Cruise Terminal. Meet your guide and embark your luxury vehicle for a eventful exploration of Malaga main monuments and Mijas. From the moment you get on board, your licensed guide will provide fascinating information and make the place history live to you. You will see the 16th century Cathedral of Malaga and the light house among other landmarks before going up the hills of the mountain range to reach the Gibralfaro castle. The 10th century fortress is non nonpareil and you will be amazed by its ramparts and courtyards all decorated by beautifully shaped pines and eucalyptus woods. From its view point, the panoramic view of Malaga is remarkable.
Leave Gibralfaro hill and reach the Alcazaba. Overlooking the bay and the city, this fortress palace is one of the most visited monument in the city, and its beauty and history can largely be accounted for. The Moorish structure was built in 1057 and it has the characteristics of a Moorish palace with features such as rectangular patios, gardens and pools like in Granada.You will also see the Roman Theatre and the Customs Building which provides an interesting insight into Roman, Arab and Renaissance time. After some enriching exploration, sit in your comfortable A/C mini coach and head toward Mijas.
With the green pine trees of the mountain background contrasting with the white washed houses and nestled at 400 meters above sea level, Mijas is a must see. You will be amazed by the breathtaking views from the village former Moorish city walls and its rather surprising donkey taxis service that make it even more picturesque. See the Ermita de San Sebastian, the bull ring, the famous Casa Constitutional, the Grotto church and more during your walking tour. Your guide will suggest you some good craft shops where unique home made pottery and paintings can be purchased while you navigate in the narrow cobbled streets adorned by white white washed houses. After the walking tour you will be given some free time to explore independently or enjoy the views of the Costa del Sol while sipping on a glass of sangria at a shaded terrace.
You shore excursion will resume at the cruise terminal although you can request a drop off at Malaga town center.
Inclusions for Malaga Shore Excursion: Private Malaga Highlights And Mijas White Washed Village
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Malaga Shore Excursion: Private Malaga Highlights And Mijas White Washed Village
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.