Maldives Sun And Snorkel Including Transportation By Speed Boat And Traditonal Maldivian Afternoon TeaWrite a Review
OverviewSlip on your snorkel mask and fins and jump into the aquamarine warm waters of the Indian Ocean. Youll discover colourful corals, turtles, reef sharks, and stingrays oh my! Then sit back and relax on a sandbank and enjoy a traditional Maldivian afternoon tea.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Snorkel gear included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour Maldives snorkel tour will begin with a safety briefing at the jetty before we board the speedboat that will take us out onto the water. (Life jackets will be available onboard).
We’ll leave Hulhumale lagoon behind and head to our first stop, a coral reef where just two metres below the surface there, you’ll find young and delicate hard coral, as well as a multitude of reef fish. Your guide will give you tips on how to snorkel without causing damage to the coral, as well as talk you through the key points for using snorkel equipment, remaining calm in the water, and protecting marine life. You’ll also get a mini marine life lesson, so that you can put names to many of the colourful fish you’ll see.
From there, we’ll travel to Kandu Oiy Giri island, where, just beyond the harbour wall, we might spy the many stingrays and moray eels that come to feast on the fish scraps thrown back into the water by the local tuna fish processing plant.
Afterward, we’ll head to a sandbank where you can swim and snorkel some more, or just relax on the beach. We’ll enjoy a traditional Maldivian tea accompanied with fresh coconut, and get the chance to chat with our boat crew. We’ll snack on bite-size sweet and savoury delights — the savoury ones filled with vegetables, tuna, egg, and chili, the sweet ones with coconut, banana, or sponge cake.
As the afternoon comes to a close, your Maldives tour will take you back to Hulhumale, where you will be able to catch a ferry to return to Malé or a taxi to your Hulhumale guesthouse.
Inclusions for Maldives Sun And Snorkel Including Transportation By Speed Boat And Traditonal Maldivian Afternoon Tea
- Transportation by speed boat
- Local English-speaking snorkel guide
- Snorkelling equipment
- Maldivian afternoon tea
- 500ml bottle of water
Exclusions for Maldives Sun And Snorkel Including Transportation By Speed Boat And Traditonal Maldivian Afternoon Tea
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You must know how to swim to join this tour
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 6 years
All children will be expected to wear a life jacket whilst on the speedboat and in the water.
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Please wear swimwear, a rash vest (swim shirt), and/or t-shirt, and bring sunscreen, a hat, and beach towel. We recommend you leave your valuables such as passports and credit cards in the hotel and only bring a small amount of spending cash.
Note that the Maldives is a Muslim country, therefore please ensure you dress modestly whilst travelling to and from the meeting point.
Departures are subject to weather conditions — for safety reasons, this tour will not be operated during storms or excessively roughs seas.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.