Maligne Canyon Icewalk - Jasper
OverviewThis 3-hour icewalk adventure leads you deep inside the canyon along its icy floor. Explore a rocky maze of sculptures, ice caves and fossils, along with spectacular waterfalls naturally frozen in time. The Maligne Canyon Icewalk is designated as a signature experience by the Canadian Tourism Commission, due to its unique geological features and outstanding beauty.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYou'll be safely led by your knowledgeable, local guide into heart of the frozen canyon where its sheer limestone walls reach more than 30 meters above. The winter freeze has caused the raging flow of water, funneling through this narrow canyon, to be brought to a dramatic halt. Waterfalls that drop from the canyon rim are frozen mid-flow, cascading down into a spectacular spray of icy daggers.
Fitted with warm, waterproof winter boots and tread enhancing cleats, you will be comfortable and secure for the 4km leisurely icewalk. You will have plenty of time to absorb and photograph the majestic surroundings. During the tour, your local guide will reveal interesting geological facts while shedding light on the secrets held deep beneath the canyon floor.
Daily icewalks are offered at 9am and 1pm. Alternatively, join the 6pm 'Headlamp Tour' to experience the icewalk in twilight ambience. The tour duration is 3 hours which includes 2 hours of walking at a relaxed pace. Suitable for ages 7 and above.
Complimentary Jasper hotel transfers are included. Please be ready in the hotel lobby at your designated pickup time.
Inclusions for Maligne Canyon Icewalk
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from selected locations
- Winter boots, and ice-cleats
- Transport by minibus
Exclusions for Maligne Canyon Icewalk
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
To request complimentary pickup from your accommodation, please specify which hotel you are staying at.
Pickup times vary therefore your exact pickup time will be confirmed upon booking
If you are staying outside of Jasper or prefer to meet at our office, please specify Town Office. Your meeting time will be 15 minutes prior to your trips departure time. Our office is located at 632 Connaught Drive, Jasper. All-day parking is located in the parking lot directly across the street.
This is an outdoor walking tour. You will cover approx 4km over a period of two hours.
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately for the conditions on the day. We recommend ski pants, winter hat, gloves, and jacket as you will be outside for two hours or more. We will provide you with warm waterproof boots and ice cleats for enhanced tracking on the ice. For the 6pm tour, we will also provide a headlamp for each participant.
Waivers must be signed by all participants before departure
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Minimum age is seven years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jasper Rock Climbing Experience
- Jasper Wildlife and Waterfalls Tour with Maligne Lake Hike
- 5.5-Hour Jasper Wildlife and Waterfalls Tour with Maligne Lake Cruise from Jasper
- Jasper National Park Tour: Maligne Valley, Medicine Lake and Spirit Island
- Maligne Canyon Ice Walk
- Jasper Rafting Trip on Athabasca River Mile 5
- Pyramid Lake Canoeing Adventure
- Jasper Evening Wildlife Discovery Tour