Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour Of Historic Palaces And Noble Homes - Valletta
OverviewDiscover Maltas luxurious side while youre in port on this shore excursion to the palaces and noble houses around Valletta. Malta has a long history with varied influences, including Roman, Greek, Arab, French and British, which has led to some beautiful architecture and sophisticated residences. As you visit Palazzo Parisio, Casa Rocca Piccola and the Upper Barrakka Gardens, youll see frescoes, magnificent marble, mirrored walls, trompe l'oeil art, paintings, extravagant gilding and other fantastic decor.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThis private Malta shore excursion will introduce you to Maltese art and history through its stately palaces and noble homes in and around Valletta, Maltas capital. You'll start with a visit to the Upper Barrakka Gardens for a panoramic view of Malta's natural harbors and the historic towns of Senglea, Cospicua and Vittoriosa.
Then, your private tour guide will lead you to Valletta's main thoroughfare, passing various imposing buildings such as the Auberge of Castille (home to the office of the Prime Minister), the austere facade of St John's Co-Cathedral and the impressing Grandmaster's Palace, set in the heart of Valletta.
Next, you will arrive at Casa Rocca Piccola, a small 16th-century palace. Its the private home of the de Piros (a noble Maltese family) and one of the last private Valletta palaces occupied today. Upon arrival, you will go on a guided tour through the chapel, library, a bedroom, two dining rooms, three drawing rooms, a collections exhibition and a WWII-era underground bomb shelter.
Youll then leave Valletta and head to the village of Naxxar, where you will visit Palazzo Parisio, an outstanding example of Maltese opulence. The interiors are rich, and the landscaped gardens further reflect the splendor of this gracious home.
Before returning to your cruise ship, enjoy a scenic drive through Attard, Balzan and Lija in central Malta. Known as the Three Villages of Malta, these towns were home to many noble families during the Golden Age. With their charming village cores of narrow, winding streets lined with old homes and villas, the Three Villages are still considered an exclusive area.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Valletta port for this activity. If you are not returned to the ship in time to board, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour Of Historic Palaces And Noble Homes
- Private vehicle
- Private tour guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to Casa Rocca Piccola and Palazzo Parisio
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour Of Historic Palaces And Noble Homes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dungeons and Catacombs: The Dark Side Private Half Day Tour
- Popeye Village Admission Ticket with Transport
- Fort Rinella Tour with Transport
- Driving Night Tour of Malta
- Malta Classic Car Museum Admission Ticket
- Maltese Islands History Audio-Visual Show and La Sacra Infermeria Tour
- Full-Day Gozo Island Tour from Valletta
- Full-Day Mosta, Mdina, and Rabat Tour from Valletta