Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour Of Valletta And Mdina
OverviewWhile youre in port in Malta, get to know its two capitals Mdina, the ancient one, and Valletta, the current one on this shore excursion that will introduce you to Maltas history and architecture. Youll visit many sights like the Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta, a UNESCO World Heritage City, and youll learn of the different cultures and influences that have shaped Malta over the centuries.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourOn this private shore excursion in Malta, you'll journey in a comfortable private vehicle with a local guide to the fortified city of Mdina, Malta's first capital, dating back to before Roman times.
Together with your guide, you will stroll through Mdinas quaint winding streets, admiring its blend of medieval and Baroque architecture and the beautiful homes and palazzos still used by old Maltese noble families. Enjoy the view from the bastions of the Silent City, and listen as your guide points out the Mdina Cathedral and the Museum of Natural History, housed in a palace once owned by Grand Master Manoel de Vilhena.
Youll then leave Mdina and proceed to Valletta, Maltas current capital and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you will go on another walking tour, starting with a visit to the Upper Barrakka Gardens, Valletta's highest vantage point and an ideal place for photo opportunities of Malta's lovely Grand Harbor.
Continuing through Valletta, you will walk past various stately buildings such as the Auberge de Castille, which houses the office of the Prime Minister, and then arrive at St John's Co-Cathedral, the16th-century church built by the Knights of Malta. Revealing a staggering display of Baroque art, it houses some of Malta's finest treasures; two masterpieces by Caravaggio, The Beheading of St John the Baptist and St Jerome, hang in the oratory. At the end of the tour, you will be returned to the cruise terminal.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Malta port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour Of Valletta And Mdina
- Private vehicle
- Private tour guide
- Entrance fee to St. John's Co-Cathedral
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour Of Valletta And Mdina
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.