OverviewIf youre interested in the fascinating and long history of Malta, this is the perfect shore excursion while youre in port. On this private tour from Valletta, youll learn about the Knights of Malta, visit places they built and explore the prehistoric Hagar Qim temple. Malta is an exceptional and historical island with UNESCO World Heritage-listed capital and intriguing sites. If you are a history buff, this is the shore excursion for you!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
From Vittoriosa, you will venture to the southern side of the island, where you’ll visit Hagar Qim, an imposing prehistoric temple dating back to approximately 3600 BC. Many artifacts of interest have been unearthed at Hagar Qim, notably a decorated pillar altar, two table-altars and the ‘fat lady' statues, now on display in the National Museum of Archaeology in Valletta.
You'll then head back to Valletta, Malta’s capital and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll have free time for lunch, and then you’ll continue the tour with a visit to the Upper Barrakka Gardens. Next, walk past Auberge de Castille, which houses the office of the Prime Minister, on your way to St John's Co-Cathedral, the 16th-century church built by the Knights of Malta.
The Co-Cathedral also houses Malta’s finest piece of art, The Beheading of St John by Caravaggio. Leaving St John’s Co-Cathedral, you’ll pass through Valletta’s main thoroughfare, which will bring you to the Grandmaster’s Palace State rooms.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Malta port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour Of Valletta, Vittoriosa And Hagar Qim Temple
- Private vehicle
- Boat cruise (weather permitted)
- Private tour guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee to Hagar Qim, St. John's Co-Cathedral and Grandmaster's Palace State Rooms
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour Of Valletta, Vittoriosa And Hagar Qim Temple
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
The ‘dghajsa' boats can hold up to 6 passengers (or 5 passengers and 1 guide) per boat and are not covered, so sun protection and a windbreaker are recommended.
Weight restriction of 450 kg total per boat
Guests need to be agile to embark and disembark boats.
Please note dghajsa' crossing is weather permitting
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.