This full-day private tour gives you a chance to see all the best that Myanmar has to offer: from Maharmuni Pagoda, Golden Monastery, Royal Palace, to small gold-leaf workshops, colorful markets and gorgeous sunset and view from Mandalay Hill.
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Excellent value for money
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:30 am, and your visit will start with Manamuni Pagoda, where the big Buddha image is venerated. The Mahamuni Buddha Temple (also called the Mahamuni Pagoda) is a Buddhist temple and major pilgrimage site. Ancient tradition refers to only five likenesses of the Buddha, made during his lifetime; two were in India, two in paradise, and the fifth is the Mahamuni Buddha image in Myanmar. According to the legend, the Buddha visited the Dhanyawadi city of Arakan in 554 B.C. After casting the Great Image, the Buddha breathed upon it, and after that, the image became the exact likeness of the Mahamuni.
Then, continue to the gold-leaf workshop. It is one thing to see temples covered in gold, and another to see the hard labor behind this art and appreciate it after visiting the gold-leaf workshop. Men work long hours pounding gold ingots into micro-thin sheets of gold leaf. After, visit Zaycho market - the largest and most important market in upper Myanmar. Stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
After the meal, continue your visit to Royal Palace. The Mandalay Palace is the last royal palace of the last Burmese monarchy. The plan of Mandalay Palace mostly follows the traditional Burmese palace design, inside a walled fort surrounded by a moat. Mandalay Palace was the primary royal residence of King Mindon and King Thibaw, the last two kings of the country. Much of the palace compound was destroyed during World War II by allied bombing; only the royal mint and the watch tower survived. A replica of the palace was rebuilt in the 1990s with some modern materials. Today, Mandalay Palace is a primary symbol of Mandalay and a major tourist destination.
Next, proceed to Kuthodaw Pagoda, a Buddhist stupa, that contains the world's largest book. It lay at the foot of Mandalay Hill and was built during the reign of King Mindon. It houses 729 marble slabs sculptured the teaching of Buddha. The last but not least, visit Shwenandaw (Golden Palace) Monastery. Shwenandaw Monastery is a historic Buddhist monastery, that was originally part of the royal palace at Amarapura before it was moved to Mandalay, where it formed the northern section of the Hman-nan (Glass Palace) and part of the king's royal apartments. The building was heavily gilt with gold and adorned with glass mosaic work. The monastery is known for its teak carvings of Buddhist myths, which adorn its walls and roofs. It is built in the traditional Burmese architectural style. Shwenandaw Monastery is the single remaining major original structure of the original Royal Palace today.Finally, before returning to your hotel, enjoy the sunset on top of Mandalay Hill and admire the beauty of Mandalay City.
Inclusions for Mandalay Cultural Heritage Day Tour
- Lunch (set menu)
- Professional tour guide service
- Transport by private vehicle with air-con
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Mandalay Cultural Heritage Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Other services or sightseeing places not mention in itinerary
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 7 people per booking
Infant meals not included
A dress code is required to enter places of Pagoda and Religious areas. No shoes, No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- 7 Days Interesting Burma
- Private Full Day Mandalay Heritage Tour
- Private Half-Day Tour Of Mandalay By Trishaw
- Mandalay Day Tour In Mingun
- 7-Night Shan State Adventure Of Mandalay
- 7-Day Excursion From Mandalay To Yangon
- Mandalay Private Day Tour
- Half-Day Mingun Excursion From Mandalay
- Private Tour: Sagaing And Inwa From Mandalay Including Lunch
- Art Sunset Cocktail At U Bein Bridge