Join this private day tour to explore Mandalay, the last capital city in Myanmar that rich in culture and tradition. Weaving, bronze casting, stone craving and much more can all be found here. There are many things to see in Mandalay such as Kuthodaw Pagoda, Golden Palace Monastery, Mahamuni Pagoda, Mandalay Royal Palace and Mandalay Hills.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a local guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourWe will depart from your hotel at 8:30am after breakfast. First, we will go to Mahamuni Buddha, a spectacular and attractive statue of Lord Buddha, completely made of Gold. As one of the most significant sites of Buddhist pilgrimage in Myanmar, it is a place of devotion and meditation. Women are not allowed to enter the innermost chamber (and consequently, to apply gold leaves on the statue).
Next, you will visit to a stone carving workshops and see a skilled craftsmen who attack pure white marble or stone with angle grinders and drills to create the most enigmatic Buddha images. From here, we will move on to the puppet workshop and wood carving. Since the gold-leaf is commonly use in Myanmar, it is fascinating to see the traditional way of gold-leaf is produced at Gold Leaf Workshop.
You will then enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant with variety of traditional food. A short free and easy time after lunch.
After a short break, we will move on to Mandalay Royal Palace followed by Golden Palace Monastery (Shwenantaw Monastery). The Monastery is small and atmospheric and was moved from the old Royal Palace grounds. It gave an idea of what the inside of the old Palace would have looked like in entirety originally and the beauty of the wood cravings from the glory period if Mandalay.
Finally, we will explore Kuthodaw Pagoda (the world’s largest book), is a lovely place to visit and really interesting for the history and cultural facts. It's a great place to walk around and soak up the sights and experience of this beautiful place. Before heading back to your hotel, you will enjoy the sun setting at the top of Mandalay Hill.
Inclusions for Mandalay Private Day Tour
- Private tour with professional guide and driver
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Mandalay Private Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Airport transfers
- Personal Expenses
- Travel insurance
- Airport tax
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.