Manhattan Bike Tour - New York CityWrite a Review
OverviewExperience the energy and sights of Lower Manhattan on this 5 hour bike tour. From the seat of a comfortable bike you will ride through iconic neighborhoods like Greenwich Village, Chinatown and the Lower East Side and here commentary through walkie talkies and headsets which our guides use throughout the ride.Â Best of all, we make stops at local-hot spots like an artisan coffee roaster under the Highline,Â delicious food market in the Lower East Side and secret museum in the Financial District.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tour
Let's face it, when you think of NYC you think of Manhattan. The sites, the restaurants, the nightlife, the films and all the history make this borough the most eclectic in New York City. Since 2012, the city has become increasingly bike friendly with bike lanes running all across Manhattan. This tour is designed to give you the BEST introduction to NYC possible by touring the neighborhoods local NYers actually live in.
The tour starts along the Hudson River Greenway across from the Intrepid Museum and rides along a beautiful bike path on 8th Avenue. We continue across Manhattan towards the Flatiron District to see the iconic Flatiron Building and Madison Square Park. We'll continue through the neighborhoods of the Meat Packing District and the West Village before cruising to Greenwich Village with a stop at the famous Washington Square Park. Our first stop is at an artisan coffee roaster for a snack and coffee that's next to the Chelsea Market and Highline. We'll continue riding east and make a quick stop at a former library turned bar and theatre. Then we'll head to the artsy and original hipster neighborhoods of the East Village and Lower East Side before stopping for lunch at a famous, square pizza slice restaurant! With bellies full, we'll ride through Chinatown and around the bottom tip of Manhattan checking out the famous sites that make the skyline so recognizable. Our last stop is inside a not-so-famous, hidden museum rich in NYC history. The tour lasts approximately 5 hours with roughly 3 hours of riding and 2 hours worth of stops. Sites you may see include:
- The Empire State Building, World Trade Center, Flatiron Building and views of the Statue of Liberty and waterfront
- Madison Square Park, Washington Square Park, Tompkins Square Park and Battery Park
- The Chelsea Market and Highline
- Specific points of interest in each neighborhood like the Electric Lady Lounge, LGBTQ history on Christopher Street, ethnic culture in Chinatown, nightlife and music along Bleecker Street and St. Marks Place, history of industry in Soho and the Financial District and so much more!
You'll be provided with a lightweight and comfortable bike made for the city, an optional helmet and a walkie-talkie with a headset which our guides use to talk to the group throughout the ride. Congrats on booking the highlight of your trip!
Inclusions for Manhattan Bike Tour
- Bike & Helmet
- Ticket for the East River Ferry
Exclusions for Manhattan Bike Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 13 years
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.